Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree570Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2017, 06:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Just a bit of Darkside news, Rick Melton has left the mag so no more of those cool covers I guess but maybe we might see Rick more on here...
I think he's still going to do the covers, but not his two page feature / artwork.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 19th January 2017, 07:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I think he's still going to do the covers, but not his two page feature / artwork.
That's what the latest issues editorial says.
Old 19th January 2017, 07:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's what the latest issues editorial says.
I knew I'd read it somewhere!
Old 21st January 2017, 03:19 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Just a bit of Darkside news, Rick Melton has left the mag so no more of those cool covers I guess but maybe we might see Rick more on here...
Hi Chums!
Still about, still got a pulse! I pop into Cult Labs most days but don't post anything because I do the odd Shameless and Blue Underground cover and don't want to make it awkward for you guys to comment when I XXXX one up, which is most of the time! As for The Dark Side, yep, I did get my sorry arse fired but after editor Brycie got swamped with thousands of emails stating "good riddance to the talentless krunt" I found myself reinstated. My column is down to one page now though, so the pain is halved! My cover art gig is pretty safe, mainly because I'm the only artist about who still works for pizza, and I've attached four submissions for future issues. Feel free to lavish them with loads of praise or if your feeling cranky, put the boot in. Either way I still get my pizza!
PS I've only managed to load two images here but if you fancy seeing some more I'll attach 'em to any comments, even the nasty ones!

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by stunner; 21st January 2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 21st January 2017, 03:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I was disappointed to read you were giving up your Dark Side column. It's the first thing i turn to. So now i'm pleased you are staying albeit in a smaller dose.

Love your painting of Adrienne Barbeau. Truly stunning!
Old 21st January 2017, 03:53 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I was disappointed to read you were giving up your Dark Side column. It's the first thing i turn to. So now i'm pleased you are staying albeit in a smaller dose.

Love your painting of Adrienne Barbeau. Truly stunning!
Thanks Dem,
Here's two more, hope you like 'em!

Old 21st January 2017, 04:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Always love seeing your work, Rick.

Definitely brightens this place up. Peter Cushing (above) can't believe you've been absent from here all this time.

Any chance you could post a larger pic of the Jayne Mansfield portrait that was shown in miniature in the latest DS?
Old 21st January 2017, 04:52 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Nice to see you're still about, Rick.

I really liked your cover for Shameless' release of The Sect (a film that's always had less than inspiring artwork) and have actually recently picked up the Blue Underground releases of Eugenie, Marquis de Sade's Justine and Venom - all of which sport covers by you. It's nice to see you still working with cult labels.
Old 21st January 2017, 08:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Nice to see you're still about, Rick.

I really liked your cover for Shameless' release of The Sect (a film that's always had less than inspiring artwork) and have actually recently picked up the Blue Underground releases of Eugenie, Marquis de Sade's Justine and Venom - all of which sport covers by you. It's nice to see you still working with cult labels.
I love Rick's art, especially the boobs and bottoms ones!! Just wish I could afford an original. Nice to see you back, Rick.
Old 21st January 2017, 10:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Loving the Fog & Fly paintings, The Fog in particular belongs on a BD/dvd cover Looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Like this? Share it using the links below!