Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree570Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2018, 06:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's awful. Rick can do so much better than that.
That was my point. I think Rick does some great stuff - I just think Allan makes some poor choices for covers. Mind you, his mags sell well, so what do I know!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 12th October 2018, 08:25 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The next cover

Hi chums!
I can't argue the point here; I probably missed the mark a bit on this one. Mind you, I've done about 60 on the trot so I'm gonna XXXX one or two up. It's strange how this happens though; you'd think I'd get two right and XXXX 58 up!!! It's not Brycie's fault when they go tits up. He gives me a choice of 3 or 4 subjects and I pick what I think will go down the best. Sadly, Barbara Crampton getting some excellent head took going down a step too far and it got rejected but that's OK, I'll do Chopping Mall instead (which will now grace the next cover unless I XXXX that one up too!) Still, before I slink off with my ego hanging limply I'd just like to say how much I enjoy all your comments. Occasionally they might be a little less than flattering but what the hell; if I don't have a sense of humour I should have stuck to flipping burgers!
Mojo, Sam, Rik and 4 others like this.
Old 12th October 2018, 08:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
Hi chums!
I can't argue the point here; I probably missed the mark a bit on this one. Mind you, I've done about 60 on the trot so I'm gonna XXXX one or two up. It's strange how this happens though; you'd think I'd get two right and XXXX 58 up!!! It's not Brycie's fault when they go tits up. He gives me a choice of 3 or 4 subjects and I pick what I think will go down the best. Sadly, Barbara Crampton getting some excellent head took going down a step too far and it got rejected but that's OK, I'll do Chopping Mall instead (which will now grace the next cover unless I XXXX that one up too!) Still, before I slink off with my ego hanging limply I'd just like to say how much I enjoy all your comments. Occasionally they might be a little less than flattering but what the hell; if I don't have a sense of humour I should have stuck to flipping burgers!
Shame about the re-animator cover, that looked terrific.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 12th October 2018, 08:45 PM
Active Cultist

Yep, I liked that one. I've always loved Re-Animator. Never been that keen on the Devil Rides Out. It probably shows!
Demoncrat and bleakshaun like this.
Old 13th October 2018, 05:01 AM
Cult Master

It's a shame 'Dark Side Magazine' comes off as being quite bitter about things from what they put on FB:

"What really amuses me when I post a cover is the people who say, I would have used a better cover than that. I would really enjoy seeing their better cover on their own magazine. Back in the day some of my favourite horror mags had terrible covers but not having the capacity to be a keyboard warrior I would either buy them or not. I like to think that those of you who buy The Dark Side regularly are not influenced by individual covers but enjoy the magazine for its consistency. When we start to disappoint with our content, not our covers, that is when we deserve to lose your support...and these comments are from people who never pay their money to buy our magazine in the first place."

I wonder if whoever wrote that is a member of the forum, and read our comments!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th October 2018, 01:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The last issue or should i say current issue has a fascinating piece on an unmade Boris Karloff film for Val Lewton about Blackbeard the pirate that is well worth a read.

Lewton's RKO work would make for an interesting book i think. The Universal monster period has been covered brilliantly by Michael Mallory for other publishers but a Lewton Darkside book could be very interesting.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 13th October 2018, 01:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
It's a shame 'Dark Side Magazine' comes off as being quite bitter about things from what they put on FB:

"What really amuses me when I post a cover is the people who say, I would have used a better cover than that. I would really enjoy seeing their better cover on their own magazine. Back in the day some of my favourite horror mags had terrible covers but not having the capacity to be a keyboard warrior I would either buy them or not. I like to think that those of you who buy The Dark Side regularly are not influenced by individual covers but enjoy the magazine for its consistency. When we start to disappoint with our content, not our covers, that is when we deserve to lose your support...and these comments are from people who never pay their money to buy our magazine in the first place."

I wonder if whoever wrote that is a member of the forum, and read our comments!
Don't copy their FB posts over here Susan if you suspect that. People can always go and look there if they wish to see things. No point upsetting them.
Old 13th October 2018, 02:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’m pretty sure it’s Allan Bryce himself that posts the updates on the page because he often posts the same thing on his personal account
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th October 2018, 02:25 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’m pretty sure it’s Allan Bryce himself that posts the updates on the page because he often posts the same thing on his personal account
Must admit that I was under that impression as well, but the entry was made under the 'Dark Side Magazine' moniker, and I didn't want to put a name to it just in case it was erroneous, slanderous or wrong*

* Susan Foreman, who (within 10 day) is going to be sitting at 'The Old Bailey' deciding on some innocent person/murderous gits future**, and cannot say anything that could be considered libellous or contentious!

** Guilty. Hang 'em all

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th October 2018, 08:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

I certainly didn’t mean any offence in my post. Personally I prefer the less ‘busy’ DarkSide covers. It’s just an opinion that’s all🙂 I actually buy every issue of The DarkSide ( and Infinity ) and enjoy them very much.

Like this? Share it using the links below!