Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Comic Books (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/683-comic-books.html)

troggi 5th October 2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 370052)
By revolutionary, troggi, I meant anti-establishment. Now don't get me wrong, i'm fairly anti-establishment myself, but Mr Mills puts subtext in in such a heavy handed manner, produces dialogue that is so utterly clunky, that its offsetting and alienating.

I know what you meant, my friend, I was just using my wooden agitating tool in a circular motion! ;)

Hawkmonger 9th October 2013 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wish Comixology had some handy Astro City collections so I'm not spending loads on trying to get caught up on decades old material! Its really good though!
Nice little haul this week...
WSJ- i'll get to Seraph of the End in a bit, now i'll just run through the regulars as per. One Piece, Yay. Naruto, Nay. Bleach, yay. Nisokoi, nay. Toriko, meh. OnePunch Man, all the yay. World Trigger, yay. Blue Exorcist, yay. And DBZ, meh. Now, Seraph of the End....prity kuch whatThe Adventurer said but I saw the grittier attitude coming. Most Jump Squared titles have a grity opening chapter (Well, D.Gray-Man, Blue Exorcist and Tegami Bachi did anyway. Claymore just got GRITTIER) and fall into typical shonen mode there after. But I did enjoy This opening chapter and look forward to a month of catch ups. Should be another winner for me, the art is very nice actually with great atmosphere.

Mars Attacks Judge Dredd #1- OK, finally got it. And its a solid fair, miles ahead of the ongoing IDW series. Not as mad cap as other Ewing Dredd stories but it has his flare to it. Could be a winner.

Grindhouse: The Doors Open at Midnight #1- start of a new anthology series from Dark Horse. Each couple of issues will be almost self contained, and will change quarterly. Each story will hark back to the age of low budget cinema making hen the laughable was common. This story was entitled Bee Vixens from Mars and reads like a Robert Rodriguez script. It was funny and dumb as a bed post. I liked it.

Hawkmonger 14th October 2013 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dont have time to write full reviews this week so just a quick round up.

2000AD prog 1853- Yay. Save for Flesh. 4/5

Cla$$War #5- Nearly over! Sob! 5/5

Mars Attacks Judge Dredd #2- Awsome. 4/5

Rocket Girl #1- oooh. Interesting start. 4/5

WSJ #45- Big bumper issue. OnePunch-Man is still ****ing amazing. 5/5

Hawkmonger 14th October 2013 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Grag Staples can ****ing DRAW! Looking forward to Dark Justice.:dance:

Edit: and does anyone know how to upload more than one image via attachments without one image cancelling out the other on an Ipad?

zane 18th October 2013 09:01 PM

Judge Anderson The Psi Files Volume 02 is selling new for 3,19 plus shipping at amazon.co.uk.

I don't even own Vol. 01, but couldn't resist at that price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Anders...rson+psi+files

Hawkmonger 19th October 2013 06:16 AM

Shit! its gone up to £13.99 now!:censored:

zane 19th October 2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 372570)
Shit! its gone up to £13.99 now!:censored:

It was offered at that price by market-place seller smeikalbooks. It said 15 units available. I have no ideas if this was just an error by the seller, but in my account it says "Dispatching now".

Hawkmonger 19th October 2013 11:03 AM

Must have been an error. It up to £8.99. Still good value, though I'm waiting until I reach Judge Dredd Complete Case files 5 and "Judge Death Lives!" Before I get to the point where Anderson got her spin-off. Im kinda retentive about chronology like that, god knows how I cope being a Doctor Who fan!:fear:

zane 19th October 2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 372610)
Must have been an error. It up to £8.99. Still good value, though I'm waiting until I reach Judge Dredd Complete Case files 5 and "Judge Death Lives!" Before I get to the point where Anderson got her spin-off. Im kinda retentive about chronology like that, god knows how I cope being a Doctor Who fan!:fear:

I own Case Files Vol. 01 to 06 now. I was a little bit disappointed by Vol 03 (because I expected the first Judge Death Story to be more epic, didn't like some of the artists and it had a lot less pages than all the other Case Files), but loved all the others ones (yes, Vol. 1 too - I have no idea why some people claim that it is unimportant). I have read almost all of Vol. 06 now and the stories are amazing (Dredd gets "pregnant" with an alien - now I didn't expect that one) - looking forward to Vol. 07 :)

troggi 19th October 2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 372629)
I own Case Files Vol. 01 to 06 now. I was a little bit disappointed by Vol 03 (because I expected the first Judge Death Story to be more epic, didn't like some of the artists and it had a lot less pages than all the other Case Files), but loved all the others ones (yes, Vol. 1 too - I have no idea why some people claim that it is unimportant). I have read almost all of Vol. 06 now and the stories are amazing (Dredd gets "pregnant" with an alien - now I didn't expect that one) - looking forward to Vol. 07 :)

No Dredd story is "unimportant" some are more "important" than others though. :nod: