Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics

Like Tree658Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:54 PM
Cult Addict

Weekly Digital Pulls 03/11/13

2000AD Prog 1856 - Hell must have frozen over. I actualy enjoyed Flesh this week. Well, the second half at least. That's progress I guess. Damnation Station still leaves me cold while Brass Sun has a rather tender moment. Added to that the great Jesus Redondo returning and the prospect of a Return to Armageddon tpb next year, a nice little prog.

Thought Bubble Anthology 2012 - Had no idea this was up on comixology, finaly get to read the Strontium Dog / Elephantmen crossover. Ironicly that was simply a nice extra, as there are some cracking independent comics here. Well worth the wait and can't wait for the Dredd / Flask crossover on the 23rd.

Hetalia Axis Powers #4 - America once again show's his vanity (England: "Get a world map you egotistical scrote!") and Italy accidently bombs Germany.....hijinks ensue.

Weekly Shonen Jump #49 - One-Punch Man! One-Punch Man! Oh how I love thee! Another one-shot that wont contribute to the over hanging story arc of the S-Class heroes and villeins but it was certainly fun. I really can't reccomend this series enough, it's easily the best comic i've read all year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (100.1 KB, 6 views)
zane and troggi like this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Punisher v06

How would you comic geeks like too get punched in the face?kicked in the balls or shot in the head? No you wouldn't would YA,well then don't f@$k with Frank Castle.

Any how im re-reading these

Old 2nd November 2013, 11:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Nice stuff!

Got this one for a good price, Vol. 2 is already waiting in my shelf, but I wanted to start with Vol. 1.
(Nice format by the way, takes only a third of the shelf space away that the Case files require )
Now I'll have to wait till december to get Case Files Vol. 7.

Old 4th November 2013, 08:55 AM
Cult Addict

Recent TPB pick ups.....

Nikolai Dante v.1: The Romanov Dynasty
DC Showcase Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld.
Saga volume's 1 and 2
Caballistics Inc.: Freakshow
Captain Britain: Birth of a Legend
zane and troggi like this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 6th November 2013, 06:02 PM
Cult Addict

Hay hay hay! 2000AD bave a nice sale on at the moment with titles from 99p!!!

The Official 2000 AD Online Store | Subscriptions, Graphic Novels, Comics, Clothing, Merchandise and More...

DVD and BD collection
Old 9th November 2013, 09:11 PM
Cult Addict

Weekly digital pulls 10/11/13

2000AD prog 1857: As per really. Nice conclusion to a decent three part Dredd story, the Thriller continues in fine form (nice to have Mr. Redondo back), Flesh continues to be barely 'meh' worthy, and Brass Sun is the dogs balls. And at last, Damnation Station is both engaging and entertaining! What a cracking episode!

Attack on Titan chapter 51: Trying out this Crunchyroll/ Kodansha monthly subscription deal. £2 a month for new chapter of AoT, Fairy Tail, Space Brothers and others. I prefer this to scanlations because i'm actually contributing to the market, sadly thought the publishers wont allow images to be saved to devices, thus why the image bellow is a scanlation. This months chapter os AoT was a lot slower than previous. Our heroes escaped (at a price. Ymer, Bertholt and Reiner where left behind seemingly to be devoured by Titans), and are rescued by the Garrison. Meanwhile, Erwin, Levi, Hanji, Connie, and Pixis make a shocking discovery.....

Sword and Sorcery #1: new title from DC. A rebooted Amethyst and a post apocalyptic retelling of Beowulf. Could be interesting. Great art on both and solid story telling. Might be one for a trade though.....

Grindhouse #2 (Bee Vixons from Mars part 2): I have rarely experienced such a rapid drop in quality in a comic. Where as last months issue was a fun take on the classic drive in theatre trope of the 50's, this issue failed to capture the same vibes and just felt like an awful dross. I'll have to check out the preview before buying the next issue. Such a shame.

Weekly Shonen Jump #50: Toriko is stupid as hell but I'm really enjoying it for some reason. Like One Piece before it this one has taken some time to grow on me, but now it has i'm really glad to call myself a fan. Some whacky ideas in this crack child.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (99.2 KB, 5 views)
zane likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 19th November 2013, 08:10 PM
Cult Addict

2000AD prog 1858 - A new world in Brass Sun. One that has gone one step further than the last and is now a total waste land. The speed of this series is quiet necessarily but I really don't mind. It feels very natural and 'home grown'. It takes it's time to get us invested and when the shit hits the fan it's usually in a big way.

Mars Attacks Judge Dredd #3 - The Martians invade MC1!!! What more do you want me to say, it's just so freaking fun!

Rocket Girl #2 - I think the pacing of this series will better fit a trade. It's certainly a fun series and i'm enjoying it a lot, but it just kinda ebbs and flows. Might drop it and wait for the TPB.

Weekly Shonen Jump #51 - WTF is up with Pica's design? He looks like something out of a gonzo movie! Really enjoying One Piece at the moment, both in flash back in in present. Ussops, Franky's and Robins reactions to the soldiers announcement of a suicide attack had me in stitches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.6 KB, 2 views)
troggi likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 19th November 2013, 08:35 PM
Cult Addict

New feature! Panel of the week!
troggi likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 1st December 2013, 07:42 PM
Cult Addict

Much belated haul from last week. This weeks will be up tomorrow.

2000AD prog 1861 - The line up is pretty smashing atm. Really enjoying everything with only Flesh starting to show signs of crapness again.

Samurai Jack #2 - Fun, light hearted, fluff. With great action scenes and distinct art. It's a winner.

WSJ 52 - Nisokoi hit's 100. Rather hoped it would end, but the last few chapters have actually been quite readable. Naruto was off this week, so thats another plus I guess. Really want One Punch-Man to return to the ongoing story arc though, as nice as the filler chapter have been. And how good is Kubo's art atm!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.9 KB, 1 views)
troggi likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 4th December 2013, 07:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

"The Department of Monsterology"

Just finished this first issue masterpiece and am already mourning the fact that it's only a 4 issue run!
Hawkmonger likes this.

Monster Magnet

Like this? Share it using the links below!