Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Comic Books (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/683-comic-books.html)

Hawkmonger 7th December 2013 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Weekly Shonen Jump has been rebooted and is continuing the line up under a new #1. Bleach and Toriko where top this week and Nisoekoi was surprisingly hilarious and had be belly laughing at more than one point. More of this please.

2000AD heads towards the end of year prog with Flesh being meh worthy and Damnation Station ending on an incredibly morbid note. Brass Sun is welcome in my life any day, as is the resident John Burns. Not Trifecta by any means, but a decent end of year prog. Roll on the annual and Absalom I say! It's been much to long for that modern classic to return!

troggi 8th December 2013 10:36 AM

The new "Iron Man" story arc is looking to be a doozy! Just picked up "Promethea: vol2". At first flick through it seems as though the artwork is as top notch as vol1 and, being Alan Moore, the writing will be exquisite! Alan Moore can tend towards the smutty at times but this series ranks alongside "The Ballad of Halo Jones" for a strong heroine in comic books, Moore at his best, very highly recommended! I will have to wait until I've read "Who is the Black Panther?" and "World War Hulk" (from the Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novels Collection, also highly recommended).

Susan Foreman 22nd February 2014 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Grabbed this from FaceBook, just before it was 'removed'!

Silver Age Comics: Hansi, the Girl Who Loved The Swastika

troggi 22nd February 2014 06:29 PM

I've just finished "Batman: The Killing Joke" by Alan Moore with full colour art by the great Brian Bolland. This book is what I would call a perfect synthesis of art and literature. It is stylish and contains shocks that you don't expect. If you're into The Joker you HAVE to get this book!

I have to give it a mad 28/10!

nosferatu42 22nd February 2014 06:56 PM

Have to agree with you Troggi, Killing Joke is truly great. Have you read Arkham Asylum thats another really arty Batman story that i really like.:)

Make Them Die Slowly 22nd February 2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 393716)
I've just finished "Batman: The Killing Joke" by Alan Moore with full colour art by the great Brian Bolland. This book is what I would call a perfect synthesis of art and literature. It is stylish and contains shocks that you don't expect. If you're into The Joker you HAVE to get this book!

I have to give it a mad 28/10!

I queued up for 3 hours to have this signed on it launch by Bolland and Moore, then went round the corner and spent a couple of more hours in a queue, this time for Nick Cave to sign his book of lyrics. I've managed to lose both over the years!

zane 24th February 2014 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The outcome of my 1 hour stay at Mega City Comics in London – 5,25 £ :)

Question: Do I see it right that nowadays 2000 AD is only available in comic shops? I looked for it on several very well equipped news stands but didn't find it.

Dave Boy 9th March 2014 02:43 PM

Sitting out in the sun today reading.....

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/a...e2823918e0.jpg

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/e...da67f350b5.jpg

Hawkmonger 9th March 2014 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Weekly Shonen Jump #14. Stealth Symphony, All You Need is Kill, One Piece, Bleach, Seraph of the End, Toriko and World Trigger. All for 50p. Bargain!

2000AD prog 1871. Grey Area has some of the most shit writing i've ever seen. Dredd and ABC Warriors makes up for it though.

The Tower King. Collected edition of the complete run on the New Eagle series from Hibernia. Cracking good fun.

Rat Pack. Titan hard back of the early cases for Taggert and his mean team of british stealth fighters.

D.Gray-Man volumes 4-6. These Viz omnibuses are bloody good value. Really enjoying this series as well.

Hawkmonger 12th March 2014 11:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Weekly Shonen Jump #15 - All You Need is Kill is on a week off. But Blue Exorcist was filling the monthly slot this week so thats OK. :happy:

Royals: Masters of War #1 - Prince Phillip punching nazi's in the face while pulling off flight that would make Superman cry? I expect big things from this here comic!

The Maxx: Maxximised #1 - Catching up on this as it looked really good. And it is. Extremely wierd as all comics should be.

Robotech/Voltron #1 and 2 - Exactly what it say's on the tin. Old school giant robot action.

2000AD prog 1872 - Wow. It's been three years and over a hundred progs since I started reading. All I have to say. LIFE WELL SPENT!

Not something I bought but reccomended to any and all US readers...

One-Punch Man volume 1 - The firct collected edition is now available digitally. I hope it's released in paperback (I know it has been in Japan) but for now i'll advice everyone to buy this. It's only a few pounds and it's an absolute belter, I voted it my favourite comic of 2013.

Buy This Book: One And Yusuke Murata's 'One-Punch Man'