All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree660Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:12 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post

Don't know if this has been mentioned around here, recently got this book that tells the fictional tales of a romantic couple, Henry & Glenn, who happen to look a lot like Henry Rollins (Black Flag/Rollins Band) and Glenn Danzig (Misfits/Samhain/Danzig).
Lots of refernces to the punk & metal world, if you like these guys you'll love this book!!

The greatest love story every told has finally been released in graphic novel form. This epic tome features twenty short stories about the domestic life of "Henry" and "Glenn" and sometimes their neighbors "Daryl" and "John." Glenn deals with issues with his mother while Henry, "a loud guy with a good work ethic," shows his darker side and indifference to a fan as he drinks black coffee and bonds with Glenn over their distaste for their own bands. These are two men who truly suffer best alone together.

Among other hijinks, Henry and Glenn go to therapy together, battle an evil cult in the forest, and profess their love for each other, all while dealing with jealousy and other normal relationship problems and trying to figure out if their soft-rocking neighbors are actually Dungeons and Dragons playing Satanists. The saga of The saga of Henry and Glenn is a true testament to the power of love to overcome even the biggest, manliest egos of our time.

The book collects four serialized comics, adds 100 never-before published pages, including new stories, pin up art, and full color covers from the original series.

Where can this be got that looks amazing
troggi likes this.
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Where can this be got that looks amazing
You can find it on Amazon or Bookdepository
Nordicdusk and troggi like this.
Old 25th January 2015, 02:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Today's pick ups...

Also the first volume of the new Judge Dredd mega collection only £1.99.

zane, Nordicdusk, troggi and 1 others like this.
Old 25th January 2015, 06:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

When I visited London in october, the only place I could find 2000 AD and the Megazine was in a Canary Wharf newsstand. Apparantly, only businessmen like comics in London
Old 31st January 2015, 10:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Part 5 of Judge Dredd-Dark Justice. The art for this story is the same as this cover. Awesome!
antmumford, zane, troggi and 1 others like this.
Old 25th February 2015, 10:26 PM
Cult Addict

I have returned with a new haul of comic books! Up this week....
2000AD Prog 1919 celebrates 38 years of the might anthology. It also signles my 5th year as a reader of the fold. Ah, what Zarjaz time’s i’ve had. Anyway, this weeks Judge Dredd has a great panel of Dredd ice picking Judge Death with a piece of shattered bone. Yucky stuff.
Zorro/Django #4 looks to be another rollocking good western high-fantasy with plenty of action and superb art courtesy of Esteve Polls. One of my favourite titles in my current pull lust as it doesn’t chew on the crossover fodder and just goes for a Two Guns type afair by bringing two western heroes trying to achieve a mutual goal.
Cyber Force #11 kicks off the third arc. I got caught up on a digital sale not long ago after having read the first volume sometime ago. A massivly enjoyable series with some real highquality sci-fi. Meanwhile Doctor Who 12th Doctor #5 looks continue what has been a fantastically fun series and a fine pairing with the 11th Doctor title. Still haven’t read either of the 9th or 10th Doctor Titan comics though….
Weekly Shonen Jump #13 gives us Cyborg Roggy and it was…..pretty damn good. Even if the opening chapter did remind me of the first chapter of Fist of the North Star with added glam. So thats good. Plus One-Punch Man returns and has a guarantied chapter next week (!!!!!!!). As I mentioned last week, all the regilar weeklys are on fire.
Assassinations Classroom vol.2 continues the ever entertaining misadventures of Koro-Sensei and the class of 3-E. I hugely enjoyed the first volume even if the art did leave a little ti be desired. I think a large part of the appeal come’s from Koro-Sensei himself, whose such a wonderfully colourful character and represents everything I love about strips like this.
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 1 Phantom Blood vol.1 (GAAASP!) Finally lands in English for the first time this week and it’s a beautiful collection with colour pages, new artwork on the cover, and interview with Araki in the back. Being a hardback omnibus, this collects the first volume and a half of the original collections (ending with Dio killing George Joestar and donning the vampire mask). The only negative I can give is that their isn’t a cover gallery like their was for the similar All You Need is Kill collection, as I really love Araki’s covers.
troggi likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 25th February 2015, 10:33 PM
Cult Master

image.jpg

Latest and 3rd issue.
troggi and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 4th March 2015, 10:25 PM
Cult Addict

So much good stuff this week...

2000AD prog 1920 - Judge Fire is ducking useless! He attacks Dredd once and doesn't even put up a fight as he is fed into a conbine harvister! ****ing idiot!
Steven Universe #8 - Though I will admit i'm a little behind on. Still have the last two issues stored on my cloud. Dunno why I always leave it to last as it's a bloody fun series and very episodic.
Rat God #2 - Continues in horrifying fashion. Actually was the first thing i read this week as I really dug the first issue. Dat cover....
Godzilla Rulers of Earth #21 - God I looove this bonkers series! Say what you will about the Toho kaiju movies but they are always entertaining and this feels just like one.
Shadow Show #4 - Ray Bradbury tribute series continues. Art wise I felt this was the weakest so far but the writing is still spot on.
Star Trek/Planet of the Apes #3 - Felt like ages since the last issue and I think I need to re-read them. Looks great fun as per.
Big Man Plans #1 - Eric Powell's a busy man ATM, isn't he! Between this, The Goon and Big Trouble in Little China my pull list is full of Powell silliness. Which is a good thing. Anyway, this new series is kind of a crime thriller with extra slapstick violence.
EGOS #6 - Got caught up with the trade and the previous issue and it's thumping good stuff. I want to say it reminds me a little of Terraformers but it's way more classy...
Saga #26 - Are we to assume The Brand is non-binary or is s/he just androgynous? Anyway, digging Saga once again. Love it.
Doctor Who 11th Doctor #9 - I'm loving this series! Watching Jones decent into madness is hilarious. Dare I say it's better than the TV series right now?
Weekly Shonen Jump #14 - Undecided and unimpressed with Battle Satellite. Conversly Black Clover has really grown on me and Cyborg Roggy (despite being somewhat akin to Hi-Fi Clusters) is kicking serious arse. Of the five titles in this Jump Start line up, Kagamigami and Cyborg Roggy have my vote to stay, with Black Clover as a 'See how it goes' title.

Titles i'm deliberating on:
Con Job #1
Halogen #1
Neverboy #1
Robert Heinlens Citizen of the Galaxy #1
Descender #1
troggi likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 6th March 2015, 03:05 PM
Cult Master

image.jpg

Latest in the mega collection today.
Old 11th March 2015, 09:35 PM
Cult Addict

Anyway, after last weeks huge haul it's just a few titles this week....

2000AD prog 1921 - Howard Quartz get's his head smashed in in Savage this week, leading to his cyborg body we saw in Ro-Busters many years ago. This is all starting to come together now.

Big Trouble in Little China #9 - Feels like months since the last issue of this and all. Jack has once again landed himself in the shit, and i'm glad that this series has been solicited for a while to come yet.

Godzilla Cataclysm (GN) - I missed out on tis series in favour of the ongoing Rulers of Earth series. Let's see what all the fuss is about then.

Howard the Duck #1 - I've been anticipating this. In the righ hands Howards adventures can be utterly delightful and much mire in tune it my taste's than anyhing else Marvel produce. Can Zdarsky and Quinones deliver?

War Stories #6 - Though the first three or so where fantastic little war tales the last few i've found somewhat lacking. Still a damn fun comic, just not as good as I know it can be.

Weekly Shonen Jump #15 - I think the Dressrosa arc has started to out stay it's welcome. One Piece is still a fun series, but it's not been the high light of the Jump for months now. Off Doflamingo and move on I say.Hang on.....WTF is going on in this months Blue Exorcist? I thought Shima defected to the Illuminate but was actually a double agent? How can he just waltz back into the main crew without Lucifer objecting?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1921-cover.jpg (31.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Big-Trouble-Little-China-09-coverA.jpg (97.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cataclysm.jpg (101.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg howard_the_duck_1_cover.jpg (101.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WarStories6-wrap.jpg (104.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg jump1515_001.jpg (71.7 KB, 0 views)
troggi likes this.

DVD and BD collection

Like this? Share it using the links below!