All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree660Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2008, 11:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Default Comic Books

Comic Books

Anyone else on here collect comics? After horror films it's my second biggest passion. I've collected them since I was 5 years old when I used to get 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' and 'Thundercats' comics. Since then I've collected just about everything from Marvel (Howard the Duck and Uncanny, essential and amazing X-Men in particular), 2000 AD and Judge Dredd Megazine, Swamp Thing, DC (Batman, Deathstroke Terminator, The Demon etc.), Star Wars (Classic adventures, Boba Fett, Dark Empire) and more recently the new horror comics from New Line etc. (Army of Darkness, AOD VS Re-Animator, AOD VS Darkman, TCM, Elm Street, Friday the 13th)

Anyone else? Anyone fancy discussing?
InDogWeTrust likes this.
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:23 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

The Army of Darkness comics started out brilliantly following on from where the film left off. The AOD VS Re-Animator/ Darkman mini-series were also great. However, it seems they're struggling for idea's at the moment as last time I went into Travelling Man they had a new one out Army of Darkness VS Xena Warrior Princess I decided to give it a miss.
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:25 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've only got the Friday The 13th Comic mate - I really like it thou!
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:24 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I have an enormous pile of Dark Horse comics.

Mostly Aliens, Predator, The Terminator and Robocop

Would love to collect more but don't have the dough!!!

Love the Army of Darkness series too H22. Very atmospheric
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I've been collecting the AOD series from the beginning. They released each issue with like 4 alternate covers though, unfortunatley couldn't afford to collect them all but I've got multiples of some (if there was an alternate cover I really liked I'd pick it up aswell).

Not actually got many Dark Horse comics. I've got the Batman VS Predator crossover series and Judge Dredd/ Predator one but apart from that not much else.

I've got that too Iluvdvd's. It's my favourite out of the New Line comics, wasn't too keen on any of the TCM series they brought out, the NOES one was alright though.
Old 4th September 2008, 10:28 AM
Cultist

I have a few comics. I don't have the dedication to get them regularly so I mostly stick to the graphic novel collections.

I just received Batman: The Long Halloween in the post yesterday. Haven't got through much of it yet, but so far so good. From what I have been reading recently I've found that it's the Batman books that I really get into.

In the way of horror comics, I really love The Last Christmas, a post-apocalypse story of Santa Vs Zombies, which might become a film at some point. Also got Jason Vs. Leatherface from eBay a while ago, which is terrible but also quite good fun.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash collection and the Werewolf Women of the SS series, which is by Rob Zombie and based on his Grindhouse trailer.
Old 4th September 2008, 10:34 AM
Ex-member

i have Hellraiser universe comics.Hellraiser,book of the dammed, the harrowers and other clive barker comics Rawhead Rex,yattering and jack,nightbreed,books of blood and i still have a full set of hellraiser trading cards
Old 4th September 2008, 10:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Also got Jason Vs. Leatherface from eBay a while ago, which is terrible but also quite good fun.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash collection and the Werewolf Women of the SS series, which is by Rob Zombie and based on his Grindhouse trailer.
I've been after those 'Leatherface VS Jason' comics for ages. Really need to add them to my collection at some point. The covers for them are fantastic if nothing else.

I'm looking forward to those series aswell. I got one of Rob Zombie's other series The Nail a while back. It was a four part mini-series about a pro wrestler going up against mutant demonic bikers in some back woods in America somewhere, it was pretty good. I heard they were gonna make that into a film aswell.
Old 4th September 2008, 10:52 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gax View Post
i have Hellraiser universe comics.Hellraiser,book of the dammed, the harrowers and other clive barker comics Rawhead Rex,yattering and jack,nightbreed,books of blood and i still have a full set of hellraiser trading cards
I picked up one of the 'Hellraiser' graphic novels/ collected books a bit ago. I really need to get more of Clive Barkers stuff. I didn't know there were 'Nightbreed' comics, I definatley need to check them out, I'm a huge fan of the film.
Old 4th September 2008, 07:21 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Used to love COMMANDO when i was a pup-has this made a comeback?

Like this? Share it using the links below!