Like Tree660Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2014, 07:44 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
She looks a bit rough!
She certainly looks it in those pictures. However she has a fantastic back story of how he became a she which has been one of the highlights of the series so far for me.

Cross dressing has a noble tradition in many shamanic based societies. There is a media friendly transgender shaman in America who has some interesting things to say on the subject of magic, sexuality and gender but for the life of me I can't remember where I read the article to post a link.
Susan Foreman and troggi like this.
Old 30th December 2014, 08:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Just about to start this. The last of the black and white volumes.

Old 30th December 2014, 07:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've heard, on the grapevine, that Hachette Partworks Ltd are launching a series of "2000AD" graphic novels and collections early in the new year As I am still collecting the "Marvel" set (just over halfway through the 120 issues) Mrs. troggi won't let me start on them
keirarts likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 30th December 2014, 07:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I should've checked first and posted later! It's all Dredd! Check it out here - Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection

I could cry, that would look awesome on a custom built shrine,,,er,,,shelf!
Dave Boy likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 30th December 2014, 07:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've just had another look at the spine art on the collection... For anyone considering this collection I would advise a little caution; when the Marvel collection was first plublicised it was inferred that it would be 60 issues only and as the 60th issue approached it was extended to 120. The spine art is the clue here it appears that it can be continued at both ends which is what they did with the Marvel set (and is why I am only just over halfway after 3 years)!

Don't get me wrong, these are quality volumes at a very reasonable price but you may get pulled into a long time "commitment". You can cancel at any time but you won't want to with gaps in the spine art, I know! As I said, these are reasonably priced, so much so that my friend, Sean at "Room 237" comic-book shop (the best on the south coast), often buys them in as they are better quality and cheaper or that the regular editions are out of print.

"You pays your money, you takes your chance!"

Monster Magnet
Old 5th January 2015, 10:23 AM
Cult Addict

If you have a kindle, Amazon have volume 1 of Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn for less than a quid each at the moment.
Demdike@Cult Labs and troggi like this.
Old 8th January 2015, 11:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Filling in the gaps in my Justice League Of America Collection.

Latest additions.....

Old 20th January 2015, 04:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Don't know if this has been mentioned around here, recently got this book that tells the fictional tales of a romantic couple, Henry & Glenn, who happen to look a lot like Henry Rollins (Black Flag/Rollins Band) and Glenn Danzig (Misfits/Samhain/Danzig).
Lots of refernces to the punk & metal world, if you like these guys you'll love this book!!

The greatest love story every told has finally been released in graphic novel form. This epic tome features twenty short stories about the domestic life of "Henry" and "Glenn" and sometimes their neighbors "Daryl" and "John." Glenn deals with issues with his mother while Henry, "a loud guy with a good work ethic," shows his darker side and indifference to a fan as he drinks black coffee and bonds with Glenn over their distaste for their own bands. These are two men who truly suffer best alone together.

Among other hijinks, Henry and Glenn go to therapy together, battle an evil cult in the forest, and profess their love for each other, all while dealing with jealousy and other normal relationship problems and trying to figure out if their soft-rocking neighbors are actually Dungeons and Dragons playing Satanists. The saga of The saga of Henry and Glenn is a true testament to the power of love to overcome even the biggest, manliest egos of our time.

The book collects four serialized comics, adds 100 never-before published pages, including new stories, pin up art, and full color covers from the original series.

Old 20th January 2015, 07:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

We took a trip to the best comic shop on the south coast, Room 237, today and I picked up, along with my usual "Superior Iron Man" and number 5 of the great Harris and Casallos "Alice Cooper", "Herald, Lovecraft and Tesla" by Reilly, Rogers and Weeks. I could not resist it, after a quick flick through I am impressed by the clear, bold artwork. This is only a short run of 3 issues so the complaining half can't! The "Alice Cooper" comic has been a confusing read so far and is crying out for a single sitting read-through. "Superior Iron Man" is terrific, a completely self obsessed, ego-maniacal Tony Stark with no inhibitions inflicting himself on American society!

Monster Magnet
Old 22nd January 2015, 09:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]We took a trip to the best comic shop on the south coast, Room 237, today and I picked up, along with my usual "Superior Iron Man" and number 5 of the great Harris and Casallos "Alice Cooper", "Herald, Lovecraft and Tesla" by Reilly, Rogers and Weeks. I could not resist it, after a quick flick through I am impressed by the clear, bold artwork. This is only a short run of 3 issues so the complaining half can't!
"Herald, Lovecraft and Tesla" really lived up to it's promise with stunning art and colour that pops out of the page at you and the beginnings of a novel use of historical figures in a tight and well written script. Often I've picked up a new comic, enticed by the cover, and been slightly disappointed by the content. There is no way that you could make the same claim for "Herald, Lovecraft and Tesla"!

I know that some of you "ardent comic readers" must be ready for a new "flavour" run down to your local comic boutique and grab "Herald, Lovecraft and Tesla" and tell me that you love it!

Monster Magnet

Like this? Share it using the links below!