Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2013, 07:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Fosco View Post
A FIELD IN ENGLAND airs on Film4 this Friday at 22:45PM

Just a little reminder so we can all set our recorders to catch this new release by director Ben Wheatley (Down Terrace, Kill List, Sightseers) and celebrate embrace of same-day multi-platform releases.
I'll be going straight for the Blu Ray. Everything I've heard makes it sound like my film of the year already

How you doing anyway, Count? Seems like YEARS since you last posted on here . . . ?
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
Old 2nd July 2013, 07:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think Blu-ray is the way yo go, too. I've loved Wheatley's films to date and they've gotten increasingly better, so I'm expecting great things from this
Slippery Jack likes this.
Old 2nd July 2013, 07:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

I just hope Wheatley keeps on his own distincitve path, and doesn't get lured away and spoiled by the Hollywood dollar . . .
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
Old 2nd July 2013, 07:58 PM
Cultist in Training

I'm cool thanks Jack. I've not been on the forums for AGES but still ticking along. How's you?
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I'm cool thanks Jack. I've not been on the forums for AGES but still ticking along. How's you?
Cool thanks. Just checked out your podcast page and saw your latest is a Florinda Balkan double bill (just downloading now) ... spooky as I'm painting a portrait of her this very moment . . .
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:12 PM
Cultist in Training

Actually, Film4 are also showing some of his other films this week as a lead-in:

Down Terrace on Wednesday 10:50pm

Kill List on Thursday at 11:05pm

Then A Field in England on Friday 10:45pm
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:14 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Cool thanks. Just checked out your podcast page and saw your latest is a Florinda Balkan double bill (just downloading now) ... spooky as I'm painting a portrait of her this very moment . . .
I hope you enjoy the show mate, we go pretty in-depth on both INVESTIGATION OF A CITIZEN ABOVE SUSPICION and A LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN so beware spoilers in case you've not seen them.

I'd love to see your artwork of Bolkan. Really, wish you would do some stuff for our show/site. We're only an amateur outfit though so would likely be a labour of love rather than professional freelance engagement.
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

They should screen Blood on Satan's Claw and Witchfinder General on the day. Make it a 'British Folk Horror' triple bill . . .
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I hope you enjoy the show mate, we go pretty in-depth on both INVESTIGATION OF A CITIZEN ABOVE SUSPICION and A LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN so beware spoilers in case you've not seen them.

I'd love to see your artwork of Bolkan. Really, wish you would do some stuff for our show/site. We're only an amateur outfit though so would likely be a labour of love rather than professional freelance engagement.
I've not seen the former, maybe I'll put it on hold till I've seen it. I'll be sharing my Balkan pic on here when it's done for sure.

What kind of thing would you be interested in having done for your site? I'm up for a labour of love (so to speak...) as long as it's something fun to do! PM me if you want . . .
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:07 PM
Cultist in Training

Great, will do.

Like this? Share it using the links below!