Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Bronx Warriors Trilogy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th June 2009, 10:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd buy Rome 2033:The Fighter Centurions, Warrior Of The Lost World and Exterminators Of The Year 3000 if they got released.
Old 30th June 2009, 09:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Marc make sure you use the audio you use for New Barbarians is the one vipco used. The audio on the R1 disc is awful.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 2nd July 2009, 06:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've got BW 1&2 but i'll definitely be doubling up plus get TNB too. (the vipco BW set is actually good pq ways)

Rats NOT would be a cracking title to add to the above 3.

Any ideas on a time for these titles Almar.? (roughly) and the box cover colour.?
The talked about green would make em look like X Box games.

Oh, are the titles gonna be single staggered release's .?
Old 4th July 2009, 07:12 AM
Cult Rookie

Smile

i would like to see a steelbook in yellow with a glow in the dark title but i would buy emm anyway
Old 4th July 2009, 07:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Another vote for Rome 2033 here... I've heard the Troma R1 DVD is poor quality. I'll be buying the first 3 anyway as I don't own any of them and have only seen BW2, which I enjoyed. Looking forward to seeing what Shameless do with them.
Old 4th July 2009, 10:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Morris View Post
I'll be starting work on these next week now that FOOTPRINTS is out of the way.
No doubt you'll do another fine job, Marc and before i forget how about Endgame?

Here's what i like to think would more or less make definitive versions of the Castellari actioners in question:

BRONX WARRIORS: Fully uncut in anamorphic widescreen and remastered in 1080P HD. Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1 sound.

Disc 1: Audio commentary with Enzo G. Castellari and Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson. Isolated music score with commentary by Walter Rizzati.

Disc 2: 'Behind Bronx Warriors' An hour long documentary featuring BTS footage and interviews with the cast and crew.

'Back To The Bronx' A location guide revisiting the areas seen in the film.

'Talkin' Trash' An interview with Marco De Gregorio.

'Hammer Time!' An interview with Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson.

'Action Chat' An interview with Enzo G. Castellari.

'Jailbrait' An interview with Carla Brait.

'Hot Dogs And Hammers' A retrospective featurette on Christopher Connolly and Vic Morrow.

Blooper Reel

Scored artwork and photo galleries.

Foreign and domestic trailers and TV spots.

Easter Eggs

BRONX WARRIORS 2: Fully uncut in anamorphic widescreen and remastered in 1080P HD. Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1 sound.

Disc 1: Audio commentary with Enzo G. Castellari and Isolated music score with commentary by Francesco De Masi.

Disc 2: 'Behind Bronx Warriors 2' An hour long documentary with BTS footage and interviews with the cast and crew.

'Back To The Bronx 2' A location guide revisiting areas seen in the movie.

'Talkin' Trash 2' An interview with Marco De Gregorio.

'Silva Speaks!' An interview with Henry Silva.

'Sabato Speaks!' An interview with Antonio Sabato.

'Man Of Action' An interview with Enzo G. Castellari.

'Strike Remembered' A retrospective featurette on Giancarlo Prete.

Blooper Reel

Score artwork and photo galleries.

Easter Eggs

THE NEW BARBARIANS: Fully uncut in anamorphic widescreen and remastered in 1080P HD. Dolby Digital & DTS sound.

Disc 1: Audio commentary with Enzo G. Castellari and Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson. Isolated music score with commentary by Claudio Simonetti.

Disc 2: 'Warriors Of The Wasteland' An hour long documentary with BTS footage and interviews with the cast and crew.

'Hammer Time 2' An interview with Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson.

'One on One' An interview with Luigi Montefiori.

'Atomic Action Man' An interview with Enzo G. Castellari.

'Scorpion Remembered' A retrospective featurette on Giancarlo Prete.

Blooper Reel

Scored artwork and photo galleries.

Easter Eggs

Just a few suggestions there which i don't think we'll ever see but i just wanted to mention it. What does everybody else think?
Old 4th July 2009, 11:26 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I've got BW 1&2 but i'll definitely be doubling up plus get TNB too. (the vipco BW set is actually good pq ways)
I agree. Vipco's BW does boast decent PQ but it doesn't hold a candle to the glorious R1 edition. Still, if you don't bother with overseas DVDs then the Vipco version will suffice. At least until the Shameless release blows it out of the water!
Old 4th July 2009, 11:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I got rid of my R1 New Barbarians and kept my Vipco disc because the audio on the R1 was poor.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 4th July 2009, 11:35 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Another vote for Rome 2033 here... I've heard the Troma R1 DVD is poor quality. Looking forward to seeing what Shameless do with them.
Troma's U.S. edition features an uncut print but is fullscreen and indeed of lousy PQ. The audio commentary starts off quite interesting but becomes tedious about half way through if i recall correctly. Nevertheless, i dispensed with my old Medusa pre-cert once i invested in this DVD version and i'd like to see the old VHS artwork adorning any potential U.K. DVD release of Fulci's futuristic foray.
Old 4th July 2009, 11:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
I got rid of my R1 New Barbarians and kept my Vipco disc because the audio on the R1 was poor.
I've also got the Euro DVD of TNB released by AWE but have yet to check it out. I know the trailer is included along with an interview with Enzo G. Castellari but i couldn't give any indication on the audio and video quality. However, AWE apparently have a good reputation so it may be reasonable to expect something decent.

Like this? Share it using the links below!