Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Bronx Warriors Trilogy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2009, 11:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Loop's if you get rid of your VIPCO's wont it kill your collection.?

Im definetly gonna buy the SHAMELESS release's and hold on to my VIPCO's as well.
I tend to always get a few different versions of my fav and major cult films , just a quirk of mine.
Theres no way i'll be parting with my Vipco's.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 5th August 2009, 01:51 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I like hanging on to old versions and Vipco titles are a real nostalgia kick. Currently the hot topic with these titles is the packaging - hopefully might have something a bit different for these.
Old 5th August 2009, 01:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Steel Tin perhaps?

Old 5th August 2009, 01:55 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Am I in the Matrix? Where are you Loops?

Steel and the forms it can be crafted into are being looked at - it'll depend on lead times and if the result would be worth having but with these films you gotta want something industrial!
Old 5th August 2009, 05:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Theres no way i'll be parting with my Vipco's.
Sorry mate, it was'nt you, it was Splatter D.

If your selling any vipco's Splat, give me a shout.

On art, I would like to see something a bit different as im tired of the usual old stuff, though I did see one old jacket I liked which was a plain photo of the gang riding their blkes taken from directly front center and sligthly ahead of the gang, like the view you'd get from the back of a car that was driving a couple of feer in front.
A variation of that would be a cool way to go.

I dont know if its been asked before but will this be a 3 disc box or individual releases. or both . ?

How about a Special collectors edition with all 3 discs or even a Bronx 1 & 2 in a special 2 disc set up similar to vipco's , but with a limited edition booklet and / or poster, similar in size to the Strip Nude posters rather than the larger Arrow ones , to be limited to the special sets only and sold only via the web site might be worth a thought.

Maybe a poster to be included with any single discs sold from the site, that differs from the shop stocked disc's poster to really make it special to collectors.
(sorry if this has been covered before)
Old 6th August 2009, 09:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
I tend to always get a few different versions of my fav and major cult films , just a quirk of mine.
So do i but generally only if there's different or exclusive extras between the various versions in question. All or most of Vipco's DVDs had the same less than stellar bonus material so i see no point i holding on to them when there's a superior edition on R1 and another most definitely better release coming from Shameless.

Although i do admit the description of BW on the back of Vipco's sleeve is hilarious. Prattling on about Castellari's gangland actioner as if it's high art which embeds itself in the viewer's memory forever!

I would love it if Shameless used the original pre-cert art for BW, BW 2 & TNB and i'm personally not fussed if these terrific titles come out seperately or as a box set or digipak, i'm grabbing 'em anyway!
Old 6th August 2009, 09:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:

No problem.

I've got brand new sealed copies of BW, BW 2 (two copies of this one i think as well as the one i've only watched once!), TNB & Zombie Creeping Flesh (with the original sleeve featuring the U.K. quad artwork and not the lifeless Screamtime collection cover.).

Once i've dug out my BW 2 i'll let you know but not to worry the DVDs above are going nowhere as i've got 'em put to one side.

Sorry to go off topic for a mo.
Old 6th August 2009, 09:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
I did see one old jacket I liked which was a plain photo of the gang riding their blkes taken from directly front center and sligthly ahead of the gang, like the view you'd get from the back of a car that was driving a couple of feer in front.
That surely sounds like the cover for Unique's widescreen VHS reissue from the '90s which released the cut U.K. cinema print.

Something i forgot to mention about Vipco's BW 2. I'm sure they call Antonio Sabato's character the wrong name on the back of the sleeve. 'Toblerone' or something when i'm quite sure that's not the name of the part he's playing!

I have to be honest i almost always prefer artwork over photography when it comes to advertising films and the Castellari movies mentioned here are no exception imo.

How about some sort of DVD packaging resembling a damaged and decayed steel bin (complete with Biohazard symbol) with luminous green toxic waste dribbling out over the edges?

Just a suggestion as nothing else really comes to mind right now. I'm just glad BW, BW 2 & TNB are coming out again!
Old 6th August 2009, 10:13 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Damaged and decayed is quite possible if the effect works - and to answer Vips it will be all three together.
Old 9th August 2009, 05:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

On art, I would like to see something a bit different as im tired of the usual old stuff, though I did see one old jacket I liked which was a plain photo of the gang riding their blkes taken from directly front center and sligthly ahead of the gang, like the view you'd get from the back of a car that was driving a couple of feer in front.
A variation of that would be a cool way to go.

Is the one you mean Vips?:

bronx.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!