Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Bronx Warriors Trilogy

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2011, 04:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I ordered the Bronx Warriors trilogy the other day. It should be arriving tomorrow or the next day.

I'm looking forward to it arriving.
I have the tin on display so you may want to make a bit of room as it is a really handsome set. The films are pretty good as well!
Old 20th April 2011, 10:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I was dissapointed with the audio for THE NEW BARBARIANS, I was hoping Shameless would use the audio from the VIPCO disc which is in stereo (I think, it could be just a really, really good mono track) and sounds great but sadly they went with that dull, sometime's crackly track that Shriek Show used.
Old 30th April 2011, 02:04 AM
Cultist

To my pleasant surprise and relief, my Bronx Warriors tin arrived in perfect condition. (phew) Despite the fact Amazon hadn't put any protective packaging round it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I was dissapointed with the audio for THE NEW BARBARIANS, I was hoping Shameless would use the audio from the VIPCO disc which is in stereo (I think, it could be just a really, really good mono track) and sounds great but sadly they went with that dull, sometime's crackly track that Shriek Show used.
I second that. Right now I don't have a DVD player. So I watched it on my PS2. Between the quiet audio track and the PS2s loud wirring I couldn't hear a word they where saying!

I got about a quarter / to half of the way through and had to turn it off.
Old 6th May 2011, 02:21 AM
Cult Rookie

I got the box set upon its first release, what a revelation, its amazing !

I wish I could be like Trash.

Just a pure visceral reaction of fun and glee watching these quality titles, my favourite, most probably being the first Bronx Warriors movie, if only for its warriors-lite bold faced cheek.
Old 6th May 2011, 08:29 AM
Active Cultist

If I wanna avoid the age-cert as much as possible on the cover artworks... I guess the tin box set is the way to go, am I right? Btw, are the discs IDENTICAL to their individual releases, so there's no reason to double-dip? Just wondering
Old 6th May 2011, 09:04 AM
Active Cultist

Btw, why is New Barbarians part of the "trilogy", I mean is it an official part 3 of the series?
Sorry, many questions.

Any difference at all between the HMV Exclusive limited tin and the general release?
Old 6th May 2011, 09:18 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amertume View Post
If I wanna avoid the age-cert as much as possible on the cover artworks... I guess the tin box set is the way to go, am I right? Btw, are the discs IDENTICAL to their individual releases, so there's no reason to double-dip? Just wondering
The discs are identical so the only reason to double-dip is if, like me, you want different artwork!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amertume View Post
Btw, why is New Barbarians part of the "trilogy", I mean is it an official part 3 of the series?
Sorry, many questions.

Any difference at all between the HMV Exclusive limited tin and the general release?
New Barbarians is only tenuously linked to the other films as it is a futuristic science-fiction action film, rather than something actually set in the Bronx!

As for the HMV exclusive tin versus the 'normal' one, I have absolutely no idea whether they are different or not. Does it say on the HMV website if there is any difference?
Old 8th May 2011, 06:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool that's how we roll in da bronx

the first 2 "bronxies" are fantastic popcorn romps with enzio on top form... but WTF is up with Marco/trash's walk, I first saw em in late 80s in a crowded 'smokey' room and much laughter ensued when trash would puff his chest out and walk/ride anywhere, somebody said "even action man can bend at the waist", "he even rides his bike as if he's been nailed to it", might be we were a bit harsh on old Marco, due to excessive smoke, wonder whatever happened to him, think he made another film called 'hunter' as half-breed Indian, still, made a couple of top flicks, so hats off to him even after 30 years, hope he got his walk fixed tho...heh heh.
antmumford likes this.
Old 8th May 2011, 07:24 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
As for the HMV exclusive tin versus the 'normal' one, I have absolutely no idea whether they are different or not. Does it say on the HMV website if there is any difference?
I strongly suspect it's just down to HMV not updating their website. When the tin was first released I think HMV were the only ones to sell it for the first few months and so at that point it was an 'HMV exclusive' because you couldn't buy it anywhere else, just like this version of Dawn of the Dead which they also haven't bothered to change.
Old 27th May 2011, 05:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

I haven't seen or got these yet

Like this? Share it using the links below!