Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Bronx Warriors Trilogy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=510)
-   -   SHAM025 - The Bronx Warriors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/bronx-warriors-trilogy/3687-sham025-bronx-warriors.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 30th September 2010 09:07 AM

SHAM025 - The Bronx Warriors

SHAM025 - The Bronx Warriors

I know some of you have said you plan on keeping your Bronx Warriors Trilogy box sets wrapped and in mint condition so this next announcement will please you I'm sure as you'll now get to watch the films that look so gorgeous on your DVD shelf!

As you might have guessed, Shameless are releasing each of Enzo G. Castellari's post-apocalyptic Bronx Warriors films individually on DVD!

Somewhat unsurprisingly, the first film to be announced is The Bronx Warriors. For those of you who perhaps missed the box sets, here's the low down:

Synopsis:

In the year 1990 the Bronx is officially declared a no man's land. The authorities have given up all attempts to restore law and order leaving the area to be ruled by a gang known as the Riders. When Anne, the 17 year old daughter of an arms industrialist, rebels against her father’s tyrannical business practices and runs away, she ends up in the Bronx. There, she soon finds herself under the protection of the Riders' leader, Trash. But, determined to get Anne back, her father hires a ruthless, psychopathic mercenary to infiltrate the Bronx and turn the gang members against each other.

Special Features:

Remastered anamorphic widescreen presentation; "Warriors, Barbarians and Basterds" – all-new 20-minute interview with director Enzo G. Castellari and editor Gianfranco Amicucci; Enzo G. Castellari's introduction of his films; Shameless Fact Track by Paul Alaoui; original film trailers and alternate credits; Collector's Gallery from archive materials.

The Bronx Warriors will be released on DVD (£12.99) by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 11 October 2010.

vipco 30th September 2010 09:46 AM

Brilliant News.!
HMV Belfast never got the boxset in and I really wanted the films so this has made my week.

Cool new Avatar Sarah.

Sarah@Cult Labs 30th September 2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 105619)
Cool new Avatar Sarah.

Thanks, Vip! I'll be releasing more info on these releases after the weekend so keep your eyes peeled!

Playzocker 30th September 2010 05:08 PM

Why couldn't you leave the soine numbers intact? That way, everyone who - like me - refuses to buy the same disc twice will have a hole in their collection. That REALLY sucks!

Pete 30th September 2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 105659)
Why couldn't you leave the soine numbers intact? That way, everyone who - like me - refuses to buy the same disc twice will have a hole in their collection. That REALLY sucks!

I agree!:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th September 2010 05:14 PM

TBH, it does seem a strange thing to do. I would have left the spine numbers the same too.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th September 2010 05:43 PM

Well,don't be hasty folks.
Remember-these are the companies that value their punters input and opinions!:cool:

Sarah@Cult Labs 30th September 2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man (Post 105679)
Well,don't be hasty folks.
Remember-these are the companies that value their punters input and opinions!:cool:

Indeed, Reaps. I'm in the process of finding out more info on the spine numbers... Hopefully will know something after the weekend!

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th September 2010 05:55 PM

IMO, I think these individual releases should be numbered the same as the tin. That way, those who didn't get the tin don't miss out on the numbering.

Playzocker 30th September 2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man (Post 105679)

I know, that's why I made my statement perfectly clear - I'm positive that Shameless cares about their fan's opinions and that they might decide against this spine-oddity.

P.S.: Will be ordering 18 Shameless titles very soon from Amazon - after recieving THE BRONX WARRIORS (Tin) I was really happy with the look and "feel" of the edition, so I'll be ordering 18 more. Only ones left then will be the four Amazon currently charges 10 bucks for and the one that they don't have. Any info about that one returning into stock?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th September 2010 06:14 PM

Which one's out of stock PZ?

Playzocker 30th September 2010 06:16 PM

Who Saw Her Die?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th September 2010 06:17 PM

You in the UK?

bdc 30th September 2010 06:29 PM

Playzocker's located in Austria. ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th September 2010 06:39 PM

You don't get any luck PZ.Give me a shout.I'll pick you one up.:nod:

Playzocker 30th September 2010 06:41 PM

Thank you so much, Reaps!

Let's hear from Shameless fist if the title is officially OOP or if a ton of discs has already shipped to Amazon :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th September 2010 09:37 PM

No worries.:)

Playzocker 1st October 2010 01:04 PM

Good to know!

BTW: Congrats for the official @dding to the team! :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st October 2010 09:36 PM

Don't wanna be the dinosaur mate....;)

gnorthcott 2nd October 2010 11:41 AM

so this is the news we have been waiting for with regards to numbers 25 26 and 27.firstly that would be stupid as people that buy these will be missing out on the number from the tin(21 i think???),and people that buy the tin will be missing the above numbers from their collection.
Almar hinted a week or so ago that there should be some new releases and they will be announced soon.If it is the fulci and castellari re-issues then saying I am underwhelmed would be an understatement.I am sure there are a lot of other fans that are going to feel the same way about the silly numbering and also the lack of new releases.
I hope that Shameless pull something out of the bag but if the next few months are going to be full of the castellari and fulci re-issues then its going to be a long time untill we see anything remotely new from them.
As much as i like the work you guys are doing with arrow i feel that shameless are suffering for it.

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd October 2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnorthcott (Post 106068)
so this is the news we have been waiting for with regards to numbers 25 26 and 27.firstly that would be stupid as people that buy these will be missing out on the number from the tin(21 i think???),and people that buy the tin will be missing the above numbers from their collection.
Almar hinted a week or so ago that there should be some new releases and they will be announced soon.If it is the fulci and castellari re-issues then saying I am underwhelmed would be an understatement.I am sure there are a lot of other fans that are going to feel the same way about the silly numbering and also the lack of new releases.
I hope that Shameless pull something out of the bag but if the next few months are going to be full of the castellari and fulci re-issues then its going to be a long time untill we see anything remotely new from them.
As much as i like the work you guys are doing with arrow i feel that shameless are suffering for it.

I believe were' still waiting to hear what Shameless will do with the numbering on the films. I'm sure they've been looking at this thread and hopefully they will listen to the fans concerns. The logical thing to do would be to number them the same as the ones in the tin (21.1 21.2 21.3). That way people who didn't get the tin don't miss out on the numbering.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd October 2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

As far as I know,Shameless and Arrow are entirely seperate companies mate.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.:)

gnorthcott 2nd October 2010 09:10 PM

yes they are seperate labels,but my understanding is that the same people who are behind shameless are also responsible for the awesome input that goes into producing the arrow video releases.if this is true then shameless are suffering for it i think,i could be wrong about the involvment.
but still if i am right about the involvement then its swings and roundabouts because then we wouldnt have the cool argento,bava jr & sr releases etcfrom arrow.

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd October 2010 09:36 PM

I think Almar was one of the main forces behind Shameless but now he's handed over the reigns to others so he can concentrate on other things ( including Arrow), so I don't believe the people behind Arrow have anything to do with Shameless, apart from being on this forum.

Playzocker 3rd October 2010 11:13 AM

As far as I've heard, Arrow Video is the "retro" branch of Arrow Films, but I don't know if they're really a seperate company or just a series done by basically the same people.

Shameless, on the other hand, seem to be "just" an independent company, and they exist way longer than Arrow ... and even than this forum, is that correct?

Pete 3rd October 2010 12:39 PM

Shameless are the horror /exploitation arm of Argent films and this forum was set up when Shameless launched in 2007 (I think...).

Sarah@Cult Labs 4th October 2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 106216)
Shameless are the horror /exploitation arm of Argent films and this forum was set up when Shameless launched in 2007 (I think...).

That's right, Pete.

Shameless and Arrow are completely separate companies with different people in charge, although both are handled by Cult Labs.

Sarah@Cult Labs 4th October 2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

I'm still waiting on some clarification on the spine numbers but bear with me... You guys will be the first to know after me!

Just one point I would like to make, the Bronx tin does not actually have a spine number of 21 on it. It features the catalogue number of SHAM021 but not a spine number in the same way that the other Shameless films do. This means that technically there is a numerical gap between 20 and 22.

thundercrack 4th October 2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

I was thinking that if you were going to (and now are) release the tin as seperate releases then why didn't you do spine numbers in order for the individual releases and do a seperate set of numbers in order from 1 for the boxsets.

Sarah@Cult Labs 6th October 2010 08:06 AM

Just in case anyone hasn't seen The Bronx Warriors yet or wants reminding how awesome it is, here's the trailer!

Sarah@Cult Labs 7th October 2010 08:37 PM

Any comments re: numbering can now be directed here: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sham...ing-issue.html

Sarah@Cult Labs 8th October 2010 12:18 PM

The releases of The Bronx Warriors, Escape From the Bronx and The New Barbarians will all feature an exclusive postcard. What will you use yours for? Keep it? Or use it to invite a friend to a Bronx night?

The Bronx Warriors will be released on DVD on 11 October!

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th October 2010 12:34 PM

I will invite people to a Bronx FIGHT, complete with spiked baseball bats, knuckle dusters and flails! :lol:

Sarah@Cult Labs 8th October 2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 107217)
I will invite people to a Bronx FIGHT, complete with spiked baseball bats, knuckle dusters and flails! :lol:

Good call! :clap:

Anyone got any other suggestions? If enough suggestions come in I'll pick my favourite and announce it in the newsletter. I'm currently unable to offer a better prize than that but surely my adulation is enough.... ;)

Sarah@Cult Labs 11th October 2010 09:13 AM

Well, that idea went down like a lead balloon...:blush:

But who cares? Because The Bronx Warriors is out today!

Besides Trash's hair, one of the best things about the film is that rather funky soundtrack. For those who haven't heard it, here's a taster...

Sarah@Cult Labs 13th October 2010 12:19 PM

If you live in or near London, or can get there on 1 November 2010 then it's good news all round!

Cigarett Burns at The Mucky Pup are hosting a screening on The Bronx Warriors starting at 7:30pm - with free entry!

There will be Shameless DVDs and posters to be given away throughout the night!

robertzombie 13th October 2010 01:14 PM

Awesome! I'll be there :D

vipco 15th October 2010 11:06 AM

Im off into Town after lunch so hopefully HMV will have stock in .

stefanmetal 12th December 2011 04:04 PM

Yess. Got it today for a fiver.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th December 2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 107217)

And comb mullets! :happy: