Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Bronx Warriors Trilogy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=510)
-   -   The Bronx warrior trilogy in cex (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/bronx-warriors-trilogy/8170-bronx-warrior-trilogy-cex.html)

TonyBalongi 8th March 2012 09:50 AM

The Bronx warrior trilogy in cex

Hey thought you guys would like to know you can get the limited edition trilogy from cex for £6 I just bought mine from Romford great bargain and it was sealed so happy days I'm up to date now

platostotal 8th March 2012 10:29 AM

Yep, bought mine before Christmas, £6 is a steal. Snapped it up so fast I left a vapor trail:lol:, mine wasn't sealed tho. Best buy of the year for me, always worth searching thru the box sets at CEX.

TonyBalongi 8th March 2012 11:30 AM

Totally agree with you i look regularly most of all i keep a look online on there website great bargains there to find that you might miss in store

Splatterdragon73 8th March 2012 01:03 PM

I own three BW trilogy tins all still sealed only i paid full price for mine when said release first hit the shelves. Still, i may well give my local Cex a look though for the relevant bargain.:)

Jinx_Barkman 8th March 2012 04:22 PM

Would someone please pick one these up for me if they have the extra time? I could trade The Killing or Something Wild Criterion blu-rays for it. I'm in the US btw.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th March 2012 04:30 PM

Bargain indeed!

Hawkmonger 8th March 2012 06:20 PM

Already have a copy but............£6 is unbeatable.
Thats £2 each! Bargain!

Splatterdragon73 9th March 2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 222818)
Would someone please pick one these up for me if they have the extra time? I could trade The Killing or Something Wild Criterion blu-rays for it. I'm in the US btw.

Yours truly may be popping down to the city centre tomorrow and if so, i'll have a look in my local Cex for the relevant release.:)

Rassilon 9th March 2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 222770)
I own three BW trilogy tins all still sealed only i paid full price for mine when said release first hit the shelves. Still, i may well give my local Cex a look though for the relevant bargain.:)

3 copies? Really? All unopened? Why? I mean I understand collectors but surely you would open one of them.

Splatterdragon73 9th March 2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 223027)
3 copies? Really? All unopened? Why? I mean I understand collectors but surely you would open one of them.

When i picked up my three copies they were becoming seriously scarce at the time due to a stock shortage Shameless had no control over.
Yours truly originally intended to keep two tins sealed and open the other one for viewing purposes. However, once i realised how rare this release was soon after it's initial issue i just decided to keep all the relevant copies brand new and in pristine condition. Yours truly was only really interested in both Bronx Warriors outings seeing as i own the Danish AWE and SS R1 DVDs of The New Barbarians. I recently purchased the second BW entry cheap online and i hope to grab the first film on Shameless DVD a.s.a.p.:)

Jinx_Barkman 9th March 2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 222971)
Yours truly may be popping down to the city centre tomorrow and if so, i'll have a look in my local Cex for the relevant release.:)

That would be great! Thanks!:)

Susan Foreman 9th March 2012 03:13 PM

Sadly, just because they were found in the Romford branch of CEX, doesn't mean that they will be found in every branch of CEX in the country

Mores the pity

antmumford 9th March 2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 223066)
Sadly, just because they were found in the Romford branch of CEX, doesn't mean that they will be found in every branch of CEX in the country

Mores the pity

That's true, you can actually just check their stock online on their website

TonyBalongi 9th March 2012 04:56 PM

That's what I did when I got mine just checked if it was on the site then kept checking for stores Romford was the only one that had it does anybody know how many was released as I never see them anywhere other then eBay so yea cex romford was the only one that had one at the time my advice just keep looking and you might get lucky

Rik 9th March 2012 06:18 PM

As soon as I saw the first post here I checked online and found nothing, I think you may have been lucky with that purchase. Unless there's another way of searching for Bronx Warriors Trilogy on the CeX website

TonyBalongi 9th March 2012 06:26 PM

Let's put it this way I looked everyday for a couple of weeks thinking I would have to snap one up on the site then saw it was in Romford even left home at 6am incase someone got there before me lol so I wouldn't miss it.

Splatterdragon73 10th March 2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 223064)
That would be great! Thanks!:)

Yours truly visited the city centre Cex earlier this morning and sadly found no BW tin on the shelves. I also asked one of the staff behind the counter who confirmed the relevant release does show up for sale every now and then but nothing right now i'm afraid. However, i'll continue to keep my eyes open whenever i'm out and about in the city centre.:)

platostotal 10th March 2012 11:14 AM

I suppose we should also mention that it must be quite sad for someone to flog the tin to CEX for a gut wrenching £3-4, but at least it'll go to fans who can appreciate and look after a prized possession, instead of watching it once and chucking it under the sofa never to be seen again or let the family pet wee on it:lol::lol:(I once had to sell a load of picture disc albums due to sudden unemployment, so I know how it feels.)

TonyBalongi 10th March 2012 12:40 PM

Have to admit I do love it when people don't realise what they have means better bargain and also means I saved a hell of alot of money as for the sadness of them getter possibly £3 from cex some people don't realise what they have and in my view if they don't look it up it's partly there fault for loosing out and our gain I once bout rare wrestling DVDs of a guy who sold them at £5 each when alot where worth £80 so saved money again so what I'm trying to say is it's good to know what films are worth and looking around I go in every shop every site every boot sale that I can incase I find that gem like I did in cex

platostotal 10th March 2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyBalongi (Post 223240)
Have to admit I do love it when people don't realise what they have means better bargain and also means I saved a hell of alot of money as for the sadness of them getter possibly £3 from cex some people don't realise what they have and in my view if they don't look it up it's partly there fault for loosing out and our gain I once bout rare wrestling DVDs of a guy who sold them at £5 each when alot where worth £80 so saved money again so what I'm trying to say is it's good to know what films are worth and looking around I go in every shop every site every boot sale that I can incase I find that gem like I did in cex

I get ya, I don't hesitate to pick up a bargain when I spot it, just that being on the other end sucks.

TonyBalongi 10th March 2012 04:24 PM

That's why People should research mate but it is amazing how many people don't I bet many people loose there chances at fortune just by not looking at things before selling or chucking it away.

Hawkmonger 10th March 2012 04:36 PM

I have owned the Optimum collectors edition of the Two Dalek Movies since 2006, long before I got into collecting. I now don't have either the art cards or the poster. I'm still considering rebuying.

Jinx_Barkman 10th March 2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 223215)
Yours truly visited the city centre Cex earlier this morning and sadly found no BW tin on the shelves. I also asked one of the staff behind the counter who confirmed the relevant release does show up for sale every now and then but nothing right now i'm afraid. However, i'll continue to keep my eyes open whenever i'm out and about in the city centre.:)

You've been more than helpful. I really appreciate it. :coolblue: