Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031/SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The Archive Discussion (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/4886-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-archive-discussion.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th March 2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer time (Post 134545)
I love the film but can't see the point of another dvd.I expect every fan of the film has it on DvD allready from EC,Grindhouse or vipco.

It's also being released on Blu-ray with Deodato personally surpervising the HD master.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th March 2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 134547)
It's also being released on Blu-ray with Deodato personally surpervising the HD master.

Blu-ray? No animal cruelty? (The reason I only watched the film once then got shot of my EC dvd). One copy please!

nekromantik 10th March 2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 134563)
Blu-ray? No animal cruelty? (The reason I only watched the film once then got shot of my EC dvd). One copy please!

I still got my Aussy digipack version.
the packaging is so much better then the grindhouse version, was cheaper and is exactly the same discs. :lol:
I wont sell mine as its a part of history. I just dont watch the animal cruelty version more then once. :tongue1:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th March 2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 134566)
I still got my Aussy digipack version.
the packaging is so much better then the grindhouse version, was cheaper and is exactly the same discs. :lol:
I wont sell mine as its a part of history. I just dont watch the animal cruelty version more then once. :tongue1:

Same here except I recently watched the theatrical version for the second (or third) time and intend to watch it again with the commentary. The Australian set is a great package but I'm really looking forward to this one, especially in HD.

nekromantik 10th March 2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 134586)
Same here except I recently watched the theatrical version for the second (or third) time and intend to watch it again with the commentary. The Australian set is a great package but I'm really looking forward to this one, especially in HD.

yup
will deffo get blu-ray of this.

Altho I would have thought it would been more of a Arrow film so we got alternative covers and maybe more goodies!

PaulD 10th March 2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 134588)
Altho I would have thought it would been more of a Arrow film so we got alternative covers and maybe more goodies!

Yeah, I thought it a bit odd for a Shameless release, thinking it would be more suited to Arrow for some reason. Not complaining mind!

Sarah@Cult Labs 10th March 2011 09:19 PM

The guys at Shameless get on well with Deodato from what I understand so it was a logical choice for them to team up.

As for goodies: you're getting a transfer from a HD master that has been personally overseen by Deodato and an all-new edit. Plus Deodato will be involved with the production of the release and so will be featured in the extras (whatever they may be).

This won't be a vanilla release by any stretch of the imagination!

Plus, Shameless have very sexy yellow-ray cases! ;)

bigandya 10th March 2011 09:22 PM

Do you know if the HD master has been made of the whole film, and then the animal cruelty sequences edited out, or were the animal cruelty sequences edited out first, and then the HD master made?

Sarah@Cult Labs 10th March 2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 134599)
Do you know if the HD master has been made of the whole film, and then the animal cruelty sequences edited out, or were the animal cruelty sequences edited out first, and then the HD master made?

The HD master is being made of the whole film as far as I am aware and then Deodato will create his new director's cut from that when it's finished.

bigandya 10th March 2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 134601)
The HD master is being made of the whole film as far as I am aware and then Deodato will create his new director's cut from that when it's finished.

Thanks Sarah :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.