Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031/SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The Archive Discussion (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/4886-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-archive-discussion.html)

tollickd 21st July 2011 05:13 PM

It's a great shame that we won't get a le release maybe they could do a limited run of signed versions for people who can pre order on a website

horror4life 17th August 2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 167629)
As I've already said, high street sales make up around 50% of Shameless' sales. And I know plenty of non-horror fans who have heard of CH because of the video nasties scandal etc. and would buy it out of curiosity so don't underestimate casual buyers who pick up titles in-store.

And, again, Shameless have now spent extra money on as many extras as they can afford so creating any kind of special edition packaging (all of which costs a lot per unit - even lenticular cards/slipcases) is out of the question.

I know it's disappointing news but in the current climate a company like Shameless just can't afford to gamble on this without the support of HMV who more or less have monopoly over high street BD/DVD sales since Zavvi went.

wow I would have thought that most of the sales for these would be online retailer like Amazon.

Mainly since I never seen a steal book even those for major studios on sale in high street. well I just pre-order the blu's :).

nekromantik 18th August 2011 11:18 AM

I agree. I find it very hard to believe that esp in this economic climate that people passing through HMV would go and buy a over priced bluray of a movie they never heard of. As the fans of this kinda movie usually buy it online not to mention its much cheaper.
but we been told the opposite so go figure :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th August 2011 12:19 PM

Most of the people I know who spent a great deal of time online don't like shopping online and still prefer to buy their DVDs and games from the likes of HMV, Tesco, Asda and places where they can pick up the box, hand over money and take it home that day without risking online fraud.

I keep telling them it's cheaper to shop on the Internet and the chances of being defrauded are minute, but they still haven't taken the leap.

zombifud 23rd August 2011 04:55 PM

Does anyone know if the blu will be all region? If this question has been answered in earlier posts I apologize, there are a ton of pages to go through.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 05:03 PM

I believe it's going to be Region All, but I could be wrong. A quick search will probably give you a definitive answer.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 05:06 PM

Actually, I don't think the question has been asked, so I'll ask Shameless and hopefully have an answer for you soon.

zombifud 23rd August 2011 05:17 PM

Thank you very much. I have been doing google searches on it since I heard about the release and have not been able to find anything. Hopefully so, I would love to see this new edit in HD.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombifud (Post 176203)
Thank you very much. I have been doing google searches on it since I heard about the release and have not been able to find anything. Hopefully so, I would love to see this new edit in HD.

Do you live in the US?

zombifud 23rd August 2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 176244)
Do you live in the US?

Yes, WV to be exact.