Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2011, 08:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Kudos to Shameless as this is a very very brave release. We all know the notoriety of the movie - many have been put off by the animal violence, but equally many have been put off due to the heavy censorship in the UK. To put it out on Blu too in what I can only believe is a re-cut version is incredibly brave too. Again, well done Shameless ... a big risk, but I hope it pays off.

Old 9th March 2011, 08:37 AM
Active Cultist

Rumblings at uni indicate a lot of input from Deodato who is working with the Cine Excess team. The HD print is supposed to be fantastic
Old 9th March 2011, 09:31 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I know nothing I'm afraid.

At the moment there are no details since this wasn't supposed to be revealed until everything was in place.

I'm trying to get some basic details on what the release will consist of but artwork will be way down the line I would thing!

Sorry...
No need to be sorry Sarah. I was putting the cart before the horse.
Old 9th March 2011, 09:36 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Very intriguing.

Can't wait to see what emerges!
Old 9th March 2011, 09:48 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I love the music in Cannibal Holocaust as it works in juxtaposition to the images. You could take it away from the film and put it on a commercial for shampoo or something like that and I imagine it would still work!
Old 9th March 2011, 09:50 AM
Cult Addict

I've always thought that it was Riz Ortolani's best work.
Old 9th March 2011, 09:55 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I've always thought that it was Riz Ortolani's best work.
It probably is as you only need to hear the first few seconds of that music and you immediately picture the film -- the two are inextricably linked in the same way as much off Ennio Morricone's work with Sergio Leone does and things like Tubular Bells and The Exorcist remind you of the other.
Old 9th March 2011, 10:04 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It probably is as you only need to hear the first few seconds of that music and you immediately picture the film -- the two are inextricably linked in the same way as much off Ennio Morricone's work with Sergio Leone does and things like Tubular Bells and The Exorcist remind you of the other.
I've just posted it up in the 'What are you listening to' section if anybody would like to listen to it. It's post 1281.
Old 9th March 2011, 10:50 AM
Cultist

I currently own the A.W.E release of this and welcome a new hd release on blu ray which you can count me in for a copy, i always thought that the animal scenes in the movie shouldn't have been there in the first place as this is shocking enough in its context of the grim fate of the humans involved, i think this now minus the animal stuff will still hold just as shocking and as controversial as it ever has... Can't wait to see how Deodato handles this planned release
Old 9th March 2011, 11:12 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I'm really excited to hear about this release. I dont own a copy of Cannibal Holocaust (I've tried to order it from the US twice once the order was mysteriously cancelled and the other time it just never turned up), so a Shameless addition is really welcome.

Like everyone else I have no interest in seeing the animal cruelty, and if Shamless can put a version togther that has everything else but the animal stuff, then there's nothing in the world that'll stop me from buying it. Especially as its going to be in HD!
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!