Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2011, 03:02 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djvaso View Post
I was first with the name of director
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/123513-post49.html
But not the name of the film, sadly!
Old 9th March 2011, 05:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Well this is pretty amazing news.

I've actually never watched the film - the descriptions of the animal violence put me off and I'm buggered if I'm going to pay to watch Vipco's 'U' rated version.

However, it does have a reputation as a very powerful film, so if it gets through the BBFC uncut I'll definitely be buying this one.
Old 9th March 2011, 08:45 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
What I find most offensive about Grylls is that his programme is supposed to instruct viewers how to survive out in the wilds, and he goes about killing animals and the like, but when the camera stop rolling he allegedly packs up for the night and stays in a hotel. I'm really not one to wish ill-health on anyone but I'd be quite satisfied if he got maimed by an animal. Especially if it were part of one of his shows.
Surely it'd be better if he was 'accidentally' impaled on a stick through arse and mouth?
Old 9th March 2011, 08:48 PM
Cultist

An animal cruelty free version would be nice. Mine's the Ultra bit 2 Disc edition, so there's no such option to view it without any of the animal violence. I'll be interested to see what else happens with this release if Shameless have gotten extras for it that have never been seen, or other footage. So, it'll be nice to see! I'd pick it up for that alone.
Old 9th March 2011, 08:51 PM
Cult Rookie

Cannibal Holocaust on Blu-Ray did I hear!
If any film is going to get me to sign-up to this forum (after a good year of lurking) it is this one.

Pleased to hear that Shameless are behind this, it seems to me a no-brainer, if any film would be worth throwing a hefty advertising campaign behind it is this one ("the most notorious nasty of all time....blah, blah, blah"), they could make a mint off this one, if done well, drawing in the casual fan and the aficionado.

As for the new-cut I do hope it is merely the removal of the animal cruelty (which adds nothing to the powerful nature of the film) and addition of new scenes (we can all hope!).

Taking a steer from Melonfarmers, how much of the below do we feel would remain intact when resubmitted to the BBFC (bar the animal cruelty):

The distributor therefore agreed to make five minutes 44 seconds of cuts to remove unacceptable elements, after which the film was passed '18' for video and DVD release.

* The killing of a muskrat has been deleted
* Our intrepid adventurers witness the riverside murder and mutilation of a woman presumably by her husband. We don't get to witness:
o the girl being dragged through the mud and having her legs forced apart
o the girl struggling and being raped with a wooden dildo
o the man raising a mudball with spikes and the subsequent shot of genital mutilation
* Another woman getting raped on the river bank has been removed
* The disembowelling of a giant turtle has been predictably deleted
* A monkey gets his head sliced open and its blood is drained into a bowl...but not in the censored version
* The kicking of a tethered pig has been removed and its subsequent shooting and death
* The rape one of a native girl by 3 men has been reduced
* The cannibals eventually overpower the adventurers. The woman in the party gets stripped and raped but not in the UK version.
* The woman's death scene is missing nudity shots.

I remember the first rape scene with the wooden dildo being particularly disturbing on the first viewing (Ortolani's score making it all the more so), I would have my doubts as to that scene and the scene with the genital mutilation after the spiked mud ball.

Thoughts?

In any event an exclusive cut of the film presented by Deodato in glorious H.D is something to wet the appetite and presents much intrigue, no doubt one of 2011's most anticipated releases.

Good luck with it folks.

(oh and hello everyone!)
Old 9th March 2011, 08:56 PM
Active Cultist

Welcome to the group!
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As mentioned earlier,the score for CH is one of the most beautiful scores ever,such a pleasant melody for such a brutal film!

Let's hope the Vladimir boy who 'rescored' Romero's classic NOTLD isn't mates with Deodato!

Should've kept that one for April the 1st!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Cultist

Well, all the animal cruelty would have to go as per their guidelines so count all that out.

As for the sexual violence, I'd say.. 50/50. It's one of the things the BBFC haven't changed much on. It's nearly okay to show anything aslong as it isn't sexualised torture or rape these days. Apparently there SOME research that shows that it MAY be harmful to certain viewers so it's a policy they'll always have for a long time. I'm guessing the following would be cut for current '18'.

Shots of the dildo rape and mudspike.
The girl being raped by a cannibal on the riverbank.
Shots of Faye's rape would still be cut, including the shot of her vagina as she dragged away.

So yeah, that's what I think anyway.
Old 9th March 2011, 09:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

This is an essential purchase on Blu Ray for me, looking forward to seeing what goodies we get as extras!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 9th March 2011, 09:25 PM
Active Cultist

it's on my list!
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!