Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2011, 02:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Threads merged.
Cheers

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 14th March 2011, 03:29 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Thanks for that. I thought that it might of been pinched from a Jacopetti/Prosperi atrocity.
I wouldnt say any jacopetti/prosperi films could be classed as an atrocity.Powerfull and unflinching yes,but mostly extremely important works that changed the face of the documentary format forever
Old 14th March 2011, 03:54 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnorthcott View Post
I wouldnt say any jacopetti/prosperi films could be classed as an atrocity.Powerfull and unflinching yes,but mostly extremely important works that changed the face of the documentary format forever
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with you there. Africa Addio AKA Farewell Africa and Addio Zio Tom AKA Goodbye Uncle Tom are two indefensible films IMO. From racism to horrible, horrible animal cruelty and much more these two 'films' cover all the vilest traits of man unflinchingly. Now I love a good balanced documentary, but I would class these two as sensationalist.

I know that there will probably be some people jumping down my throat for saying the above, but I can tolerate most films and these are in a very rare breed that I found repulsive. Pure exploitation for the sake of it.

Last edited by mr 420; 14th March 2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 14th March 2011, 05:46 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I know that there will probably be some people jumping down my throat for saying the above, but I can tolerate most films and these are in a very rare breed that I found repulsive. Pure exploitation for the sake of it.
No one should be jumping down anyone's throats. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and we don't all have to agree with each other! Would all be very dull if we did.
Old 15th March 2011, 09:29 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
No one should be jumping down anyone's throats. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and we don't all have to agree with each other! Would all be very dull if we did.
Thank you Sarah!
Old 15th March 2011, 03:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

mr.420 I consider the August Underground/Toe Tag "films" to be the same ... tripe! Not a shread of talent.

Old 15th March 2011, 03:43 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
mr.420 I consider the August Underground/Toe Tag "films" to be the same ... tripe! Not a shread of talent.

I saw the first one and while I was impressed with the special effects I came away with the exact same opinion as you. It (August Underground) reminded me of Flower of Flesh and Blood. Powerful but pointless.
Old 15th March 2011, 04:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Think a couple of actor interviews would go down well..just watched the grindhouse release with interviews by the guy who played Alan Yates and Robert Kerman..two totally different people..Kerman looks as if he could do with a weeks sleep and to be honest don't think could really be bothered..on the other hand Carl Gabriel Yorke full of tales of the shoot etc..interviews with Francesca Ciardi and Perry Pirkanen if they could be traced would be great...
Old 16th March 2011, 11:38 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with you there. Africa Addio AKA Farewell Africa and Addio Zio Tom AKA Goodbye Uncle Tom are two indefensible films IMO. From racism to horrible, horrible animal cruelty and much more these two 'films' cover all the vilest traits of man unflinchingly. Now I love a good balanced documentary, but I would class these two as sensationalist.

I totally agree with that comment 100% as well!
Old 17th March 2011, 12:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

As much as I despise racism, when I watched Addio Zio Tom/Goodbye Uncle Tom, I thought that if you're going to make a dramatic documentary about the slave trade, then this is the way to do it. Yes it's repugnant, but that's the whole point, slavery was repugnant. If you find the subject matter repellant, then I'd say that's a good thing and is the point of the film. But I do agree that it's jaw-droppingly sensationalist and at times couldn't believe what I was seeing! It probably is indefensible, but I'm defending it anyway.

Like this? Share it using the links below!