Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031/SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The BBFC Advice & Decision (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/5260-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-bbfc-advice-decision.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 11th April 2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 142114)
be glad its only 14 seconds...

I think most people were expecting the cuts to be a lot deeper. 14 seconds in practically nothing compared to what some people were discussing prior to this announcement!

vinncent 11th April 2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 142114)
be glad its only 14 seconds...animal cruelty aint something many people wanna watch anyway.

I´m not happy at all! It´s part of the movie and should be left alone! But like i said ..who cares when it´s avalible uncut in other countries!

It´s funny when you read about people complaning about the great Arrow realeses if theres a small sound glitch for 1 sec or if theres a picture fault thats over before see it!...but if a movie is MISSING footage then it´s ok! Can´t understand it!

Sarah@Cult Labs 11th April 2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinncent (Post 142116)
I´m not happy at all! It´s part of the movie and should be left alone! But like i said ..who cares when it´s avalible uncut in other countries!

It's completely up to you and I know some people will be very unhappy about even such a minimal cut. But this is a pretty landmark decision on the part of the BBFC and goes completely against what the majority were expecting.

Jonny 11th April 2011 04:50 PM

Wow! That's amazing news, who would have predicted that outcome?

PaulD 11th April 2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 142118)
It's completely up to you and I know some people will be very unhappy about even such a minimal cut. But this is a pretty landmark decision on the part of the BBFC and goes completely against what the majority were expecting.

Yeah, definitely. I'm one of the people who, perhaps hypocritically, didn't want to watch the animal cruelty and so am glad that an edited version is also going to be made available as well. This really is surprising news!

tobiaswragg 11th April 2011 05:06 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised as well to learn about this. Like many of you, I was expecting the BBFC to be harder on the film.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th April 2011 05:11 PM

What the...hats off to the BBFC on this one. This is excellent news!

Jaimie 11th April 2011 05:12 PM

Like the other comments, I'm amazed that (if confirmed) the cuts are so minimal. I always thought that the BBFC were a bit harsh with some of the cuts, but I never thought that I'd see the turtle scene in full in the UK.

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th April 2011 05:19 PM

Bloody hell, I thought that they would want more than 14 seconds of cuts. I won't miss the killing of the muskrat one little bit. Even with all the stuff that's in the film, I found that scene abhorent and I have no problem with it's removal. As others have said, if they want an uncut version, it's pretty easy to get a hold of one. Sometimes the BBFC can pleasantly surprise you with their decisions.

masdawg 11th April 2011 05:21 PM

Wow! :eek: I did not expect this kind of news in a million years! Well done BBFC (obviously, I still realise this is not the final verdict) :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 142104)
As for the other animal cruelty scenes (the turtle, monkey and pig), the BBFC's view is that these killings were quick, clean and humane and therefore do not contravene BBFC policy.

In conversation, Deodato has advised Shameless that, in his mind, the muskrat scene was the only animal-killing in the film where the animal was sacrificed, all of the other animals were eaten as was normal practice in that part of the world.

I have always used this argument when it came to the turtle and the monkey (I didn't know that they ate the pig afterwards). I don't understand how in the old BBFC cuts, they allowed the footage of the killing of the spider and the snake, but not the animals which were actually eaten afterwards. They used actual tribes people which consider monkey brains a delicacy.
I do completely agree with the muskrat comment though - that is the hardest animal scene for me to watch, probably followed by the pig.