Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031/SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The BBFC Advice & Decision (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/5260-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-bbfc-advice-decision.html)

nekromantik 11th April 2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 142115)
I think most people were expecting the cuts to be a lot deeper. 14 seconds in practically nothing compared to what some people were discussing prior to this announcement!

yup exactly
this is a good step forward for the BBFC.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th April 2011 05:27 PM

I'm gobsmacked by the decision and, if the whole BBFC feel that way, it basically gives Deodato free licence to do what he likes with the film and put out his own 'definitive vision'. It's great news for Shameless and a milestone decision (if it is verified) by the BBFC.

hallo37 11th April 2011 05:47 PM

14 seconds? :confused: From my memory the killing of the muskrat only lasted a few seconds...I'll have to revisit the Grindhouse release...though it will only be the second time I've ever watched the full version :shocked:

Andra Jai 11th April 2011 05:53 PM

this is fantastic news, I would probably go for the new Deodato version anyway as it saves me hitting fast forward on the animal scenes.

Has it been confirmed anywhere if this will be a dvd only release or is it also coming to blu-ray?

Oh and if anyone's listening, can we have Ferox next please?

Paul@TheOverlook 11th April 2011 05:53 PM

That's pretty incredible news.

hallo37 11th April 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 142148)
this is fantastic news, I would probably go for the new Deodato version anyway as it saves me hitting fast forward on the animal scenes.

Has it been confirmed anywhere if this will be a dvd only release or is it also coming to blu-ray?

Oh and if anyone's listening, can we have Ferox next please?

Cannibal Ferox is a different story when it comes to the animal killings - they are protracted and the animals are obviously in a great deal of suffering (the creature being crushed by the python for example)

Djangooo 11th April 2011 06:06 PM

I've never liked Ferox. It seemed like Lenzi absolutely wasted his talents from that film on.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th April 2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 142120)
Wow! That's amazing news, who would have predicted that outcome?

Not me for one.
Totally gobsmacked!

Let's hope it all goes as planned.

I take my hat off to Shameless and the BBFC......

Andra Jai 11th April 2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallo37 (Post 142157)
Cannibal Ferox is a different story when it comes to the animal killings - they are protracted and the animals are obviously in a great deal of suffering (the creature being crushed by the python for example)

my point was can we an animal friendly but otherwise uncut Ferox?

aside from the animal killings would the rest of it pass uncut now?

hallo37 11th April 2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 142171)
my point was can we an animal friendly but otherwise uncut Ferox?

aside from the animal killings would the rest of it pass uncut now?

The removal of the animal killings would be the best thing to happen to that movie...perhaps it would pass? Not too sure about the breast impalement though!