Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031/SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The BBFC Advice & Decision (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/5260-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-bbfc-advice-decision.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th August 2011 07:42 PM

I don't think the BBFC would go for that. Even if they were aware of the uncut version of Conan on the disc, It's obvious that the same disc was used for release in other countries. Shameless is a UK company, and Cannibal Holocaust, while probably region 0, isn't being released in another country by Shameless. So I think there's no chance. And if they were unaware of the uncut version of Conan, you can bet they know now, and will be scrutinizing releases more.

tenebrarum 27th August 2011 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I'm the author and editor of the tenebrarum magazine ... The first issue is exclusively on Deodato's masterpiece.

A while ago I have tried to contact Shameless, because I thought it might be a good idea to support them with some material for the Blu-ray. Sadly I didn't get any answer. I don't know if there is still time, but I would still be glad to contribute whatever can be used.

I'd also like to get in touch because I need some info on the new release, since I am again writing on this film.

Would be nice to get some response ...

Martin
martin@tenebrarum.info

Sarah@Cult Labs 28th August 2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenebrarum (Post 177252)
Hello,

I'm the author and editor of the tenebrarum magazine ... The first issue is exclusively on Deodato's masterpiece.

A while ago I have tried to contact Shameless, because I thought it might be a good idea to support them with some material for the Blu-ray. Sadly I didn't get any answer. I don't know if there is still time, but I would still be glad to contribute whatever can be used.

I'd also like to get in touch because I need some info on the new release, since I am again writing on this film.

Would be nice to get some response ...

Martin
martin@tenebrarum.info

Hi Martin,

Send me a PM to let me know what info you need and I'll get back to you after the bank holiday.

There should also be more info posted here soon.

Sarah :)

vaultkeeper 19th September 2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 174164)
I don't think the BBFC would go for that. Even if they were aware of the uncut version of Conan on the disc, It's obvious that the same disc was used for release in other countries. Shameless is a UK company, and Cannibal Holocaust, while probably region 0, isn't being released in another country by Shameless. So I think there's no chance. And if they were unaware of the uncut version of Conan, you can bet they know now, and will be scrutinizing releases more.

Doesnt Shameless releases get released in Ireland?

horror4life 20th September 2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaultkeeper (Post 182631)
Doesnt Shameless releases get released in Ireland?

I never seen them on sale in ireland. I doubt this title will be anyway the irish censors board prob would not have passed this with the same amount of cuts as the UK. after all they rejected I spit on your grave again

vaultkeeper 20th September 2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horror4life (Post 182634)
I never seen them on sale in ireland. I doubt this title will be anyway the irish censors board prob would not have passed this with the same amount of cuts as the UK. after all they rejected I spit on your grave again

Actually it passed uncut in Ireland 2006, i heard it on many sites but at the moment i'm lazy so i just link to wiki:
List of banned films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1984: Cannibal Holocaust - unbanned in 2006

horror4life 20th September 2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaultkeeper (Post 182636)
Actually it passed uncut in Ireland 2006, i heard it on many sites but at the moment i'm lazy so i just link to wiki:
List of banned films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1984: Cannibal Holocaust - unbanned in 2006

it got released but it was not uncut. it was the same censored version that being out in UK with years.