Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2011, 08:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Wow, i'm shocked the BBFC have let everything else through but the muskrat scene. I wonder how Cannibal Ferox would fair these days?

at a guess i would say

the gator scene would definitely be gone

the anaconda vs whatever that animal was id say 50/50

and they may not like the extreme body piercing

I think everything else should be ok
Old 11th April 2011, 08:42 PM
Cultist

Wow, thats great news for UK fans really. Of course it would be better if it was uncut but it's interesting that they have given some pretty clear reasoning.

As has already been pointed out most serious fans will have an uncut copy (I certainly do, and have done since the VHS days - the Grindhouse DVD being the latest version I've picked up) but just the loss of the muskrat scene isn't really a problem. I've always found that the most shocking part of the film because it's such a botch job - the thing obviously suffers pretty badly. The way I see it if you've already got it uncut and are that bothered about it then you won't be buying the Shameless release anyway and there's no point in being negative about it.

Personally, as someone that grew up in the dark days of Ferman, it's refreshing that things have come so far. Really interested to see what the 2011 re-edit turns out like in comparison to the original and to see what it looks like in HD. Shame that The Cockfighter will never see the light of day over here.

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Old 11th April 2011, 08:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I have various versions of Holocaust,but I'll be picking this up as;
1.It's on Blu Ray
and
2.I'm very interested to see what Deodato does with it.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th April 2011, 08:53 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
1.It's on Blu Ray
and
Snap!

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Old 11th April 2011, 08:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
1.It's on Blu Ray
and
I only own one copy on DVD, but I'll definitely pick up at least one copy of this for the reasons you stated above.
Old 11th April 2011, 09:36 PM
Ex-member

So the BBFC think the turtle killing was "quick clean and humane".
I think we must have watched different films.
I'm on the lookout for an April 1st somewhere .
This must be a joke.

Having said that , if an HD version is on the way at least it means we may get a true uncut version somewhere as long as Deodato is not going to do a Lucas on us

Shameless seem quite proud that they will be releasing a version SHORTER than the BBFC cut and that fans will be happy with that because the director approved it.
No sale here I'm afraid whether or not its director approved.

Last edited by longtom; 11th April 2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11th April 2011, 09:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

yeah the turtle scene is very hard to watch.
I cannot watch the whole sequence. never have lol

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 11th April 2011, 10:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Wow, this is a shock. I've never seen the film myself but from what I've heard from people on the forum, I was expecting a lot more cuts. to the BBFC for growing up a little more.

Sarah? I'm assuming the 2 versions will be in the same release but on seperate discs right?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 11th April 2011, 10:17 PM
Cultist

WOW! o_o I'm really surprised by this decision, I think I even stated previously somewhere on this forum that it would still be cut heavily, but there you go, I was wrong. I think a LOT of horror fans out there are going to very surprised at this decision. The other thing is, where does this leave Customs for siezing uncut versions of Cannibal Holocaust, since practically this legal UK release will virtually be uncut as the scene they asked to be cut out is only a mere.. 14 seconds? I don't even think it lasted that long, it was more like.. a few seconds on screen.

I don't know what Shameless have planned for it so far (haven't read full release threads on it), but, it should (could?!) contain a version that is animal cruelty free, and the fullest version with the one mandated 14s cut. Would be cool to see it without all the animal cruelty anyway.

But... Why are some people still complaining about the 14 seconds? lol That's madness. I think it's even lucky to get the film through the BBFC with all the other previous cuts waived. But yeah, really surprised, looking forward to this release! I don't much care for the animal cruelty in any case, so this could become my only release I'll view when it's released! Looking forward to it!
antmumford and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 11th April 2011, 10:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoXX0rz View Post
WOW! o_o I'm really surprised by this decision, I think I even stated previously somewhere on this forum that it would still be cut heavily, but there you go, I was wrong. I think a LOT of horror fans out there are going to very surprised at this decision. The other thing is, where does this leave Customs for siezing uncut versions of Cannibal Holocaust, since practically this legal UK release will virtually be uncut as the scene they asked to be cut out is only a mere.. 14 seconds? I don't even think it lasted that long, it was more like.. a few seconds on screen.

I don't know what Shameless have planned for it so far (haven't read full release threads on it), but, it should (could?!) contain a version that is animal cruelty free, and the fullest version with the one mandated 14s cut. Would be cool to see it without all the animal cruelty anyway.

But... Why are some people still complaining about the 14 seconds? lol That's madness. I think it's even lucky to get the film through the BBFC with all the other previous cuts waived. But yeah, really surprised, looking forward to this release! I don't much care for the animal cruelty in any case, so this could become my only release I'll view when it's released! Looking forward to it!
Hear hear, couldn't have said it better myself. An animal cruelty free release in HD is definitive in my eyes.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!