Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2011, 06:11 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallo37 View Post
Having recently revisted the uncut version of Cannibal Holocaust the muskrat scene is still hard to watch but the turtle scene I still had to fast forward through!
Until I have the BD in my player with a crispy red 18 cert on the sleeve, and the turtle scene unfolds in all its juice packed gory glory, I'll still not believe the BBFC will pass this uncut.
Old 13th April 2011, 06:15 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
Until I have the BD in my player with a crispy red 18 cert on the sleeve, and the turtle scene unfolds in all its juice packed gory glory, I'll still not believe the BBFC will pass this uncut.
They won't. They've already advised what will be cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13th April 2011, 06:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I think the advisory body will have a great deal of sway and tentatively think that it will pass the full BBFC classification committee in in the form that the advisory committee recommends. I'm not normally so optimistic, but at least there's something to give hope in this case.
Old 13th April 2011, 07:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

well I wont be complaining if they remove all of the animal scenes as I own the Aussy release so dont need to see the animals getting killed in HD

if they do cut most of the animal cruelty then what else can be done with the Shameless 2011 cut.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 13th April 2011, 07:36 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post

Sorry, bad wording on my part. I actually meant if they leave the turtle scene uncut.

Anyway, I've decided its time to revisit the old Cult Epics laserdisc of Cannibal Holocaust tonight (just for a change to DVDs) and will be looking at this from a different persepctive....
Old 13th April 2011, 10:50 PM
Ex-member

Well done!
It's bloody guid news however you look at it & a great step forward...I will prefer the "cruelty free" version as like many others I abhor any footage of animals being slain humane or not...I'm also surprised at the sexualised violence being A-ok...all in all guid work all round
Old 14th April 2011, 01:33 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Okay, not wanting to drag up old arguments, I'll rephrase things differently. I can understand that people dislike the animal cruelty in Cannibal Holocaust, so what is it that makes people want to see it in a censored form? Cutting the animal cruelty, as distasteful as it is, kind of negates Deodato's original and harrowing vision and removes its notoriety.

Now, I'm not having a go at anyone here, but if you hate animal cruelty so much, what is it that fascinates you so much about this film? And why do you think censorship is acceptable in this instance? And do you think the BBFC would actually be wrong to pass this with minimal cuts leaving most of the animal carnage intact?

They're honest questions and not meant to stir up antagonism. I genuinely would like to know.
Old 14th April 2011, 07:21 AM
Cultist

I wanted to watch the uncut version basically out of curiosity - I had heard so much about the film. I remember seeing the cover (the GO! version?) in the good old pre-VRA days when my local post office had a video club, I remember being shocked but fascinated by this cover, to a 12 year old it was quite an eye opener! When I finally saw the uncut version I honestly felt sick at the animal killings - i have watched it many times since in its animal cruelty free version. I think its just natural for humans to want to watch something that was so reviled, banned etc. we like to judge to for ourselves, not what the government or the BBFC think we should watch.
Old 14th April 2011, 09:17 AM
Ex-member

Daemonia!
IMO the BBFC would not be wrong to pass it uncut...like all of us on here I don't like censorship (hell I was one of many up in arms about "mousegate" in Inferno!)...In Inferno the scene with the mouse does not bother me (I have 2 cats & have seen worse in my own home!)...that's what cats do it's inbuilt!...Cannibal Holocaust is a powerful film (with a powerful message)...would it lose any of that power without the animal violence? probably not (again IMO)...the US version (Grindhouse I think?) had the branching option to watch it without those scenes...leaving it up to the viewer (rather than censoring such scenes)...that (to me) is the best option
Old 14th April 2011, 09:41 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinncent View Post
14 seconds is 14 seconds to much..sorry but its 2011 ..movies should not be cut! Glad i have it uncut on many diffrent editions!
14 seconds aint much at all i have got the uncut version to but you should be greatful for this blu ray release

Like this? Share it using the links below!