Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2011, 07:59 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroff View Post
just to throw my hat into the arena, standing back, waiting for the charging bull to go all bugs bunny on me, i would say this release would be important for all film-kind.

removing animal cruelty would be much welcome by all but the sadistic:
At the risk of a ban I have to say that comment is total bollocks.
Just because you are easily pleased by censored films don't tar those of us who want films as they were made as sadists.

I could use an equally unflattering term for someone willing to pay good money to save them the time of using the FF keys on their remote.

Changing movies decades after they were made is a practice done by idiots but actually appreciated by even bigger ones.
Old 15th April 2011, 08:02 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtom View Post
Changing movies decades after they were made is a practice done by idiots but actually appreciated by even bigger ones.
You mean idiots like Ridley Scott and Francis Ford Coppola?
Colin654 likes this.
Old 15th April 2011, 08:20 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

You can disagree with someone without saying their post is bollocks and saying in a not so subtle way that they are idiots. Please refrain from talking to other members like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15th April 2011, 08:20 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Just because you are easily pleased by censored films don't tar those of us who want films as they were made as sadists.

I could use an equally unflattering term for someone willing to pay good money to save them the time of using the FF keys on their remote.

Easily pleased by censored films: nope. hate em. hate censorship.
Also hate animal cruelty..id like a professional (not hold my hands over my eyes or fast forward) to freely alter his/her artwork ie: cannibal holocaust as they see fit with professional tools. Rather than have me never to have access to something because only a sadistic film is available.

Idiot: yes i guess i am. im probably some sort of idiot who watches this kind of film. yes, ive just checked with my alter ego 'the monkey who actually gives a f**k' and he says i watch everything the world throws at me like it was some kinda 'entertainment zoo'. yep, thats me. i really can see quite a bit of horror.

Shall we all club together and put out a contract on the Star Wars man, oh whats his name..Lucas. He and Deodato are so very much alike. Perhaps shoot at old Herzog cos i i can't stand his films. No, that would be like, i dunno, overacting, to a provocative OPINION...my opinion counts in the great scheme of everywhere but this forum, m'lud, for as much as yours. naught.
Old 15th April 2011, 08:29 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I think we can all agree to disagree. If someone is happy to watch a cut film, good luck to them. If someone refuses to watch something unless it's uncut, then good luck to them as well. As Jack Nicholson says in Mars Attacks...can't we all just get along?

Old 15th April 2011, 08:33 PM
Ex-member

Default indian love call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I think we can all agree to disagree. If someone is happy to watch a cut film, good luck to them. If someone refuses to watch something unless it's uncut, then good luck to them as well. As Jack Nicholson says in Mars Attacks...can't we all just get along?
yeah! cue: slim whitman, increase volume. fade to black.
Old 15th April 2011, 08:34 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroff View Post
yeah! cue: slim whitman, increase volume. fade to black.
ack ack ack

Old 15th April 2011, 09:52 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
You mean idiots like Ridley Scott and Francis Ford Coppola?
.....and George Lucas and Spielberg too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
You can disagree with someone without saying their post is bollocks and saying in a not so subtle way that they are idiots. Please refrain from talking to other members like this.

Anyone who likes to refer to people who want an uncut film as sadists can expect to be insulted back.

Paying good money for a copy of CH with all the animal killings removed is plain stupid in my opinion when an uncut version is available elsewhere .

But it's nice to see that nothing changes and some forum members do approve of censorship but only when it suits them and what they personally find offensive.

As for saying that the comment that only sadists would want to watch the uncut movie is a bollocks comment- I did have an alternative word but there would have been asterisks instead.
My comment was spot on and seemed far more accurate than telling him he was "in error"
Old 16th April 2011, 05:54 AM
Cult Rookie

When and where can we pre-order it on blu ray??
Old 16th April 2011, 09:00 AM
Ex-member

Default one last shot across the bows

Quote:
.....and George Lucas and Spielberg too

Anyone who likes to refer to people who want an uncut film as sadists can expect to be insulted back.

Paying good money for a copy of CH with all the animal killings removed is plain stupid in my opinion when an uncut version is available elsewhere .

But it's nice to see that nothing changes and some forum members do approve of censorship but only when it suits them and what they personally find offensive.

As for saying that the comment that only sadists would want to watch the uncut movie is a bollocks comment- I did have an alternative word but there would have been asterisks instead.
My comment was spot on and seemed far more accurate than telling him he was "in error"
If you could actually quote me verbatim, or even paraphrase would be a start. clearly my comment refers to my opinion as to animal cruelty, not uncut films per se or any other source of inflammation you're suffering from. i correlate the two: cruelty and sadism. that is quite a common assertion.

i own a vast amount of films, i never buy cut films if theres an option. i do however 'draw the line' at what i consider real sadistic cruelty. as you will also note in my other responses, i prefer being given the option to view a version that has been altered to remove a set of scenarios that in the consensus of opinion ie:concerning animal cruelty, is repellent. you are actually censoring & recutting my text/opinion if you can understand that..you are a censor. well done. ttfn.

Like this? Share it using the links below!