Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2011, 01:33 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroff View Post
i own a vast amount of films, i never buy cut films if theres an option. i do however 'draw the line' at what i consider real sadistic cruelty. as you will also note in my other responses, i prefer being given the option to view a version that has been altered to remove a set of scenarios that in the consensus of opinion ie:concerning animal cruelty, is repellent. you are actually censoring & recutting my text/opinion if you can understand that..you are a censor. well done. ttfn.
Why should Cannibal Holocaust be censored merely to make it more palatable to you? After all, even if the animal cruelty is removed, it's still undeniable that animals were killed in the production of the film. You should shun the movie completely if it offends you that much. If you buy a cut version, you're still supporting it and giving money to the people who hurt those animals, even if those scenes have been removed.

I am NOT a sadist (and I resent the implication) and I don't revel in cruelty to animals. But Cannibal Holocaust is what it is. You can hack it to pieces, but it still remains a film wherein animals were killed. If you really can't handle it, then stay away. And are you okay with the scenes of real human death in the Road to Hell sequence? If so, then doesn't that make you a sadist too?

And couldn't you argue that in toning down the film you are somehow sweeping it all under the carpet and excusing the filmmakers for their actions?
trench, Kyle, robertzombie and 3 others like this.
Old 16th April 2011, 03:00 PM
Ex-member

Default deluded apes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Why should Cannibal Holocaust be censored merely to make it more palatable to you? After all, even if the animal cruelty is removed, it's still undeniable that animals were killed in the production of the film. You should shun the movie completely if it offends you that much. If you buy a cut version, you're still supporting it and giving money to the people who hurt those animals, even if those scenes have been removed.

I am NOT a sadist (and I resent the implication) and I don't revel in cruelty to animals. But Cannibal Holocaust is what it is. You can hack it to pieces, but it still remains a film wherein animals were killed. If you really can't handle it, then stay away. And are you okay with the scenes of real human death in the Road to Hell sequence? If so, then doesn't that make you a sadist too?

And couldn't you argue that in toning down the film you are somehow sweeping it all under the carpet and excusing the filmmakers for their actions?
ok. here it is. i can't stand humans. i'd gladly see Deodato kill thousands of you. you're deluded apes. tone down the animal atrocities because humanity is supposed to evolve culturally if not mentally, that'd be palatable to me. i would gladly kill thousands of you to save one animal from your pathetic drive for archival footage. you bore me. in short, im more of a sadistic son of a muthers bitch than you could possibly know. oh wait, what's that, i really don't care............fetch my tartar war-bow. i feel some 'shunning' coming on.
Old 16th April 2011, 03:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Default deluded pretentiousness

Quote:
ok. here it is. i can't stand humans. i'd gladly see Deodato kill thousands of you. you're deluded apes. tone down the animal atrocities because humanity is supposed to evolve culturally if not mentally, that'd be palatable to me. i would gladly kill thousands of you to save one animal from your pathetic drive for archival footage. you bore me. in short, im more of a sadistic son of a muthers bitch than you could possibly know. oh wait, what's that, i really don't care............fetch my tartar war-bow. i feel some 'shunning' coming on.
It's okay, just take a deep breath, everything is okay. Everything is okay. Seriously. Everything is okay.
Old 16th April 2011, 03:23 PM
Ex-member

Default aum mani padme hum

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench View Post
Calm yersel'.
calm as a pool of sangre.. me, schopenhauer & buddha are old pals.
trench likes this.
Old 16th April 2011, 03:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
calm as a pool of sangre.. me, schopenhauer & buddha are old pals.

Glad you quoted that, I had many changes of mind, as you can see!
Old 16th April 2011, 03:31 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench View Post
Glad you quoted that, I had many changes of mind, as you can see!
screamin trees are doin it to ya!...be honest with you, everything i write is a humourous riff on my original line about bug bunny and a bull... Bully for Bugs..
ole!... don't mention it though. im a satanic buddhist..bugs bunny is my messiah, so Marvin the Martian is Pontius Pilate... oh damn i hit the submit reply-
Old 16th April 2011, 05:50 PM
Active Cultist

Old 16th April 2011, 06:03 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
tone down the animal atrocities because humanity is supposed to evolve culturally if not mentally, that'd be palatable to me.
It's just a shame that the evolutionary process appears to have bypassed you. You're not half as clever or witty as you think you are. Random quotes and subtle intellectual references does not a genius make.

Okay, now you can infract me, I insulted someone.

I'm off to torture my pets because, apparently, I'm a sadist!
robertzombie likes this.
Old 16th April 2011, 06:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Before this descends into another Royal Rumble,can we all just agree to disagree?

As Almar said in another thread,arguments like this deter small companies from releasing other niche titles,because believe it or not,the people who own these small indie label actually read these boards.

Now we wouldn't want that,would we?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th April 2011, 06:05 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post

Okay, now you can infract me, I insulted someone.
Chill Dae.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!