Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th May 2011, 05:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

@Big

Did they just pull you in from the street after you bought it lol, can you explain how you came to be in court?

Other then that it's brilliant news that CH is getting an official release with just 15 seconds gone. Do you think that the BBFC think oh god not this film again im sick of seeing it. Bring something else in for a change
Old 9th May 2011, 05:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool amazing news

this is nothing short of staggering, wonder if they took the stance that the film maker stated that the muskrat was killed for no reason, unlike the turtle,monkey and pig that were to be killed and eaten anyway, surely this means other stuff can now be submitted, just realized that makes me sound ghoulish, just that I went thru the 80's VRA cut and ban everything in sight, so anything that pushes that into history is fine by me, still feel sorry for the turtle tho, and I did say on another thread I would back flip and swim the channel under water if just the muskrat scene would be trimmed, so as i back flip my way to dover a rousing thank you to Shameless, tho the tabloids will have a pop, who cares...we'll be watching easily deodato's best film, really great news, now wheres my trunks?
Old 9th May 2011, 06:28 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
@Big

Did they just pull you in from the street after you bought it lol, can you explain how you came to be in court?

Other then that it's brilliant news that CH is getting an official release with just 15 seconds gone. Do you think that the BBFC think oh god not this film again im sick of seeing it. Bring something else in for a change
1990 - found guilty of trading in obscene publications, namely videotapes.

It was a very different time. I was on trial - and pleaded guilty. But then my films were on trial under Section 3, and I either got them back or they got forfeited. Being a student I got legal aid, so I defended them all the way to Crown Court. Funniest memory was watching The Worm Eaters with the judge scratching his head - the police had selected that tape as "particularly obscene". I'm sure they meant the movie on the end which I think was an Italian mondo which never got watched.

I cannot believe CH - which gave me a lot of grief at the time - is now going to be so widely available virtually uncut. Amazing!
Kyle and masdawg like this.
Old 9th May 2011, 07:35 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
I wonder if there will be a Daily Mail backlash. The Cons are in power after all....
Let them... It's all free publicity for us...
Old 9th May 2011, 07:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Let them... It's all free publicity for us...
You can just see the headlines...

'Shameless made my son dismember, skin, and eat his pet turtle!'

Old 9th May 2011, 08:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I bet that's a great story for parties and public film screenings, bigandya. If I had a criminal record, I'd like it to be something as weird, wonderful and interesting is that!

What looks do you get when potential employers ask if you have a criminal record or when they look at the detail as you've put on the application form?
Old 9th May 2011, 08:26 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
1990 - found guilty of trading in obscene publications, namely videotapes.

It was a very different time. I was on trial - and pleaded guilty. But then my films were on trial under Section 3, and I either got them back or they got forfeited. Being a student I got legal aid, so I defended them all the way to Crown Court. Funniest memory was watching The Worm Eaters with the judge scratching his head - the police had selected that tape as "particularly obscene". I'm sure they meant the movie on the end which I think was an Italian mondo which never got watched.

I cannot believe CH - which gave me a lot of grief at the time - is now going to be so widely available virtually uncut. Amazing!
You know, I've told my friends that I would happily go to court and defend horror films if the powers that be tried to ban modern movies, like Mark Kermode predicts will probably happen again one day. I'd easily win, I have the ultimate weapon... Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship and Videotape !

When I saw the Cult Labs post on Facebook, I thought it was passed uncut, but considering the audio will be intact but the sequence will be replaced by alternative footage, it reminds me of the pre-release version of Caligula.

It's a great move forward in terms of film classification, but we have a long way to go yet. Still, I'll probably buy this!
Old 9th May 2011, 08:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Monumental to say the least. Congrats to everyone involved

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 9th May 2011, 08:45 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well spank my ass and call me Judy! This is truly astounding news. I think a lot of people were very skepitcal about the film only recieving 14/15 secs of cuts, but amazingly it's happened.
Old 9th May 2011, 08:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Well spank my ass and call me Judy!
That's a new one to me. I much prefer Lt George from Blackadder Goes Forth: 'Well, cover me in eggs and flour and bake me for 40 minutes!'

Like this? Share it using the links below!