Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Would you buy limited edition collectors packaging for Cannibal Holocaust? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/5285-would-you-buy-limited-edition-collectors-packaging-cannibal-holocaust.html)

P-Mac 20th April 2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 144546)
I think Ltd Ed packaging should be available for both DVD and Blu-ray, so everyone can enjoy it! :)

I agree, as not everyone uses Blu-ray.

I've always been put off by Cannibal Holocaust, but for some strange reasons it's aroused my curiosity so I might give it a try once it's released.

Surprised that only 14 seconds will be cut from the film though.

robw285 20th April 2011 01:03 PM

My want would be the original GO VIDEO art work and an extensive feature length documentary on the film, it's making and its lengthy battles with the censors and it's current legacy to modern films and film makers (Eli Roth and Blair Witch etc)

nekromantik 20th April 2011 02:18 PM

For an extra, Shameless should do a documentary of the notoriety of CH.
That would be awesome.
Have interviews with film industry people and public and even deadato.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Mac (Post 144567)
Surprised that only 14 seconds will be cut from the film though.

That's only the decision by the BBFC's advisory committee and it may be a different matter when it comes before the whole BBFC classification committee. However, that's for another thread.

As for this one, I would only buy a DVD for curiosity value and to see how it looks compared to the BD. As has been said, it may be an idea to do the limited edition release as a Combi pack containing a BD and DVD so that those with HD setups in one room can watch the film elsewhere and those who haven't yet made the jump to Blu-ray but are considering doing so won't have to double-dip on the limited edition release.

trench 20th April 2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 144589)
As has been said, it may be an idea to do the limited edition release as a Combi pack containing a BD and DVD so that those with HD setups in one room can watch the film elsewhere and those who haven't yet made the jump to Blu-ray but are considering doing so won't have to double-dip on the limited edition release.

Any ideas how much a combined DVD/Blu-Ray set would bump up the retail price against single releases for each format?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trench (Post 144746)
Any ideas how much a combined DVD/Blu-Ray set would bump up the retail price against single releases for each format?

If the Disney releases are anything to go by, not much. However, the pricing decision would be up to Shameless but, if it's anything like other companies, it'll probably be around £5.

L'enfant Errant 21st April 2011 04:34 AM

Though I'm honestly not sure I want to buy a cut release (solely on principle), toss the soundtrack CD in a Blu-ray steelbook and I might just crack anyway...

Phats 21st April 2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L'enfant Errant (Post 144819)
Though I'm honestly not sure I want to buy a cut release (solely on principle), toss the soundtrack CD in a Blu-ray steelbook and I might just crack anyway...

Good call. I'm a big fan of the Cannibal Holocaust soundtrack.

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st April 2011 12:11 PM

Thanks for your votes and comments, everyone. I'm going to pass this info on to Shameless!

As the survey is closed, the thread will close too for now at least.

Thanks again.