Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Would you buy limited edition collectors packaging for Cannibal Holocaust? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/5285-would-you-buy-limited-edition-collectors-packaging-cannibal-holocaust.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Who'd pay extra pennies for something like this?:eyebrows:

masdawg 14th April 2011 06:45 PM

I just about went and "liked" every single post in this thread :lol:
Yes, Yes and Yes from me!
I think both formats would be great - I'll defiinately be buying whatever is available - even if the both formats are seperate releases, this is already a definate pre order for me!

So many great options have been recommended already: soundtrack, comic book, statue, autographs, etc
I know we'll probably get the chance to discuss extras later - so i won't dwell on this too much: but I believe some history behind the film in this country is a must. Whether that be included as extras on the disc, or maybe as a booklet? It could have a foreward written by someone like Marc Morris / Jake West and could have copies of newspaper articles, etc on the film from back in the whole "Ban This Sick Filth" era, as well as a timeline of UK releases and BBFC cut statuses just to show how far the BBFC has come.
Anyway, enough of that for now - I'm sure we'll get the chance to discuss all the extras later :)

As for the packaging, just as many great ideas have already been mentioned - maybe if the idea goes ahead Shameless could narrow it down to a few suggestions and then could open it to a vote later?

I do think that the old Go video artwork is a must - at least on the limited editions. It's a big part of the history of the film in this country - the old Video Nasty cover and the one that helped cause so much controversy 30 years ago!
Also, while I'm at that point: I know it'll be about 31 years once this is released, but are there any plans to call it something like a "30th Anniversary Edition"? Has a nice sound to it I think :nod:

Djangooo 14th April 2011 06:48 PM

Pack it in with a condensed version of FAB Press' OOP Cannibal Holocaust maybe?

nekromantik 14th April 2011 06:56 PM

I still think digibook wud be awesome!
UKs first by shameless!

skankenstoned 14th April 2011 06:58 PM

How about throwing in a pack of limited edition Shameless Beef Jerky?!?!

bigandya 14th April 2011 08:27 PM

Please, please, please avoid yellow packaging for the limited edition.

Yello = giallo, fair enough. CH is not a giallo by any stretch of the imagination. Something nice and red perhaps, but yellow? Please, NO!! :tongue1:

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 143132)
Please, please, please avoid yellow packaging for the limited edition.

Yello = giallo, fair enough. CH is not a giallo by any stretch of the imagination. Something nice and red perhaps, but yellow? Please, NO!! :tongue1:

That's fair enough, but for the "standard" release, it's got to be kept in the usual Shameless yellow cover/box imo.

Andra Jai 14th April 2011 08:45 PM

Personally I may be in the minority here but I don't like all the extra packaging as my ocd wants all my blu-ray cases lined up next to each other on the shelf looking the same.

I have dozens of slipcases and outer boxes for blu-rays collecting dust in a cupboard with just the actual hard cases on display.

obviously as long as the film comes in a regular Amaray case I'm happy but I wouldn't be bothered about special packaging of any sort.

I even have to go and re buy the Alien blu-rays to get rid of that God awful digi pack

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 143139)
Personally I may be in the minority here but I don't like all the extra packaging as my ocd wants all my blu-ray cases lined up next to each other on the shelf looking the same.

I have dozens of slipcases and outer boxes for blu-rays collecting dust in a cupboard with just the actual hard cases on display.

obviously as long a the film comes in a regular Amaray case I'm happy but I wouldn't be bothered about special packaging of any sort.

I even have to go and re buy the Alien blu-rays to get rid of that God awful digi pack

Ah, a fellow detester of the digi pack. :cool:

Mbarr 14th April 2011 08:51 PM

With the notorious reputation it has & with the (near) uncut status whatever the packaging it NEEDS to have the image of the impaled woman on the cover (which I'm sure is original poster art anyway?)