Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust

View Poll Results: Would you consider buying a LE Cannibal Holocaust with collector's packaging?
Yes - on Blu-ray 102 53.40%
Yes - on DVD 20 10.47%
Yes - but it should be released on both formats 56 29.32%
No - I have no interest in limited edition packaging on any format 13 6.81%
Voters: 191. This poll is closed

Like Tree41Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2011, 12:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Ah, didn't realise Facebook did that type of trickery! I just thought a heads-up was in order, just in case anyone did get the wrong idea.
Old 19th April 2011, 03:43 PM
Cultist

This might be pushing it but.........how about a uncut version of the movie in HD? Seems like im the only one who cares about that!:-(
Old 19th April 2011, 03:46 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinncent View Post
This might be pushing it but.........how about a uncut version of the movie in HD? Seems like im the only one who cares about that!:-(
Old 19th April 2011, 04:04 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by necroluciferia View Post
Old 19th April 2011, 04:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

It will probably turn up uncut at some stage from a non-U.K based label, but as far as the good old BBFC/U.K censorship laws go, this is as good as you'll get I'm afraid.

Edited to add this link to the Cannibal Holocaust/BBFC advice discussion : http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cann...fc-advice.html
Old 19th April 2011, 05:08 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Even if the uncut version does show up on Blu-ray at some point, I'd like to own both that and this version to have the full film and Deodato's new edit as that way I'll have different extra features, different artwork and different edits.
Old 19th April 2011, 05:19 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Have Shameless ever considered setting up a non-UK based company (Shameless EU perhaps?) just for the purposes of releasing films like CH fully uncut?

Imagine the increased market for a fully uncut Blu Ray of this with all the extras... and you would be the only label in the world to be issuing it.

Of course you'd need worldwide distribution rights, but would the extra income be worth it?
robertzombie likes this.
Old 20th April 2011, 01:16 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinncent View Post
You obviously haven't read any of my posts. If you had, you'd know you're not the only one who wants a full uncut version in HD. However, that's unlikely to ever happen here in the UK and we are therefore discussing the UK release, which, be fair, has an intrigue all of its own with Deodato supervising a new edit. Although I advocate seeing the film uncut, I'm also extremely interested in seeing Deodato's reworking of this ferocious classic and I commend Shameless for taking this brave step.

Anyway....back to limited edition packaging........
Old 20th April 2011, 10:41 AM
Cultist

I voted for LE packaging on both but I wouldn't be too unhappy if it was just for the bluray. The idea about a Shameless EU is certainly an interesting concept but I doubt it'd be possible.
Old 20th April 2011, 11:10 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats View Post
I voted for LE packaging on both but I wouldn't be too unhappy if it was just for the bluray. The idea about a Shameless EU is certainly an interesting concept but I doubt it'd be possible.
The logistics of setting up a sister company in Europe is probably tricky. However, If Vipco managed it....

I think Ltd Ed packaging should be available for both DVD and Blu-ray, so everyone can enjoy it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!