Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust

View Poll Results: Would you consider buying a LE Cannibal Holocaust with collector's packaging?
Yes - on Blu-ray 102 53.40%
Yes - on DVD 20 10.47%
Yes - but it should be released on both formats 56 29.32%
No - I have no interest in limited edition packaging on any format 13 6.81%
Voters: 191. This poll is closed

Like Tree41Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2011, 05:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Who'd pay extra pennies for something like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EXTRA PENNIES.jpg (8.9 KB, 90 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th April 2011, 06:45 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I just about went and "liked" every single post in this thread
Yes, Yes and Yes from me!
I think both formats would be great - I'll defiinately be buying whatever is available - even if the both formats are seperate releases, this is already a definate pre order for me!

So many great options have been recommended already: soundtrack, comic book, statue, autographs, etc
I know we'll probably get the chance to discuss extras later - so i won't dwell on this too much: but I believe some history behind the film in this country is a must. Whether that be included as extras on the disc, or maybe as a booklet? It could have a foreward written by someone like Marc Morris / Jake West and could have copies of newspaper articles, etc on the film from back in the whole "Ban This Sick Filth" era, as well as a timeline of UK releases and BBFC cut statuses just to show how far the BBFC has come.
Anyway, enough of that for now - I'm sure we'll get the chance to discuss all the extras later

As for the packaging, just as many great ideas have already been mentioned - maybe if the idea goes ahead Shameless could narrow it down to a few suggestions and then could open it to a vote later?

I do think that the old Go video artwork is a must - at least on the limited editions. It's a big part of the history of the film in this country - the old Video Nasty cover and the one that helped cause so much controversy 30 years ago!
Also, while I'm at that point: I know it'll be about 31 years once this is released, but are there any plans to call it something like a "30th Anniversary Edition"? Has a nice sound to it I think
corpsex likes this.
Old 14th April 2011, 06:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Pack it in with a condensed version of FAB Press' OOP Cannibal Holocaust maybe?
Old 14th April 2011, 06:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I still think digibook wud be awesome!
UKs first by shameless!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 14th April 2011, 06:58 PM
Cultist

How about throwing in a pack of limited edition Shameless Beef Jerky?!?!
Sarah@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 14th April 2011, 08:27 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Please, please, please avoid yellow packaging for the limited edition.

Yello = giallo, fair enough. CH is not a giallo by any stretch of the imagination. Something nice and red perhaps, but yellow? Please, NO!!
Old 14th April 2011, 08:35 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
Please, please, please avoid yellow packaging for the limited edition.

Yello = giallo, fair enough. CH is not a giallo by any stretch of the imagination. Something nice and red perhaps, but yellow? Please, NO!!
That's fair enough, but for the "standard" release, it's got to be kept in the usual Shameless yellow cover/box imo.
Old 14th April 2011, 08:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Personally I may be in the minority here but I don't like all the extra packaging as my ocd wants all my blu-ray cases lined up next to each other on the shelf looking the same.

I have dozens of slipcases and outer boxes for blu-rays collecting dust in a cupboard with just the actual hard cases on display.

obviously as long as the film comes in a regular Amaray case I'm happy but I wouldn't be bothered about special packaging of any sort.

I even have to go and re buy the Alien blu-rays to get rid of that God awful digi pack
Old 14th April 2011, 08:47 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Personally I may be in the minority here but I don't like all the extra packaging as my ocd wants all my blu-ray cases lined up next to each other on the shelf looking the same.

I have dozens of slipcases and outer boxes for blu-rays collecting dust in a cupboard with just the actual hard cases on display.

obviously as long a the film comes in a regular Amaray case I'm happy but I wouldn't be bothered about special packaging of any sort.

I even have to go and re buy the Alien blu-rays to get rid of that God awful digi pack
Ah, a fellow detester of the digi pack.
Old 14th April 2011, 08:51 PM
Ex-member

With the notorious reputation it has & with the (near) uncut status whatever the packaging it NEEDS to have the image of the impaled woman on the cover (which I'm sure is original poster art anyway?)
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!