Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Would you buy limited edition collectors packaging for Cannibal Holocaust? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/5285-would-you-buy-limited-edition-collectors-packaging-cannibal-holocaust.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 08:50 AM

Would you buy limited edition collectors packaging for Cannibal Holocaust?

Shameless are seriously considering the option of releasing a limited edition version of Cannibal Holocaust with collector's packaging. They haven't decided on what this packaging would be yet and before they choose, they want to gauge the opinion of Cult Labs members as to whether this would be a worthwhile effort.

Any limited edition version would be released alongside the standard edition releases and would be listed under the SHAM3-- catalogue number.

So, what I'm asking you today is whether you would be interested in buying a special limited edition version of Cannibal Holocaust and, if so, on what format?

This poll will remain open for one week, closing on Thursday 21 April 2011 at 10am. Please take part and leave any comments or suggestions you have on this idea in the thread.

Jonny 14th April 2011 08:52 AM

I would if it were in a tin and numbered. :)

Pete 14th April 2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 142845)

Me too.

necroluciferia 14th April 2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Me three! :dance:

Mbarr 14th April 2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Me four!

Sarah@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 09:03 AM

I think the idea is that whatever type of packaging they went for it would be a limited run and it would be numbered.

Oh, and remember to vote in the poll at the top of the page as well as leaving comments. The poll results are the numbers that'll be passed on to Shameless.

Jonny 14th April 2011 09:04 AM

I had some screen printed tee shirts made a few years ago, I've still got the screens too.

Limited tin edition with tee shirt...

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6568/canhol3dq1.jpg

tollickd 14th April 2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Me five!

the ultra destroyer 14th April 2011 09:28 AM

Thank you shameless

this is the best thing ever i could never imagine this in a billion years. also i please let it be numbered thank you shameless you are GODS. :woot::pray::dance::dance:

Sarah@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 09:32 AM

If you want to share this poll with any friends that might want to vote and have a say, you can send them this short link: http://cult-labs.com/a/cannibalpoll

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 09:47 AM

Yes I'd buy it - and I am rather fond of a nice tin too.

Leman 14th April 2011 10:07 AM

Stick both planned releases in a tin, number it and im there.

nekromantik 14th April 2011 10:09 AM

steelbook would be awesome!!
blu steelbook of CH!
:)

Kyle 14th April 2011 10:14 AM

i would defo buy a numbered edition of dvd or even better a BD that comes with a dvd inside.

i also think that if it was released numbered then ppl who are active members on this forum should get a special pre order and it could be a signed edition also

Sarah@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slicer (Post 142887)
i would defo buy a numbered edition of dvd or even better a BD that comes with a dvd inside.

i also think that if it was released numbered then ppl who are active members on this forum should get a special pre order and it could be a signed edition also

I'd be happy to sign your copy, Slicer! ;)

:lol:

robertzombie 14th April 2011 10:37 AM

How about a limited edition combination set that contains both the blu-ray and the dvd?

nekromantik 14th April 2011 11:24 AM

or maybe a digibook ;)
with some famous scenes from the movie in it enclosed in a yellow shameless slip

BAKA 14th April 2011 11:27 AM

If it gets released on Blu, I'll buy it. Simple as :nod:.

bigandya 14th April 2011 11:42 AM

Absolutely! Limited edition, numbered, tin or steelbook - just not in a yellow slipcase, please. Am I the only person who doesn't like them?

As far as extras, how about a CD of the soundtrack? The Lucertola one now fetches £30+ on ebay and to have one as part of the set would be fantastic.

Lets have a gallery of worldwide video art from the Golden Age, and some postcards as well.

And, please, for the limited edition, use some existant artwork - original cinema poster or worldwide video sleeves (UK pre cert one would be nice) and NOT some home created artwork, as this would detract from its appeal, to me at least. Save that for the non- limited edition.

Thats my input :)

Kyle 14th April 2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 142888)
I'd be happy to sign your copy, Slicer! ;)

deal :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 11:55 AM

I'd love to see this release get some kind of special packaging.

Either a tin, steelbook, metalpak, or hardbox would be great; although my personal preference would be something similar to XT's Ltd Edition release of CH a few years back where they included a figurine of the woman on the pole. ;)

As Jonny first mentioned, a numbered tin would also be great.

trench 14th April 2011 11:56 AM

It's International "Let's Quote Jonny For He Speaks The Truth Day!", so count me in for a bit of this with a Blu-ray inside :

Quote:

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 142911)
I'd love to see this release get some kind of special packaging.

Either a tin, steelbook, metalpak, or hardbox would be great; although my personal preference would be something similar to XT's Ltd Edition release of CH a few years back where they included a figurine of the woman on the pole. ;)

As Jonny first mentioned, a numbered tin would also be great.

Any of those options above

tollickd 14th April 2011 12:08 PM

It would be nice if you could buy a signed copy by Ruggero Deodato maybe the first 500 pre-orders??

antmumford 14th April 2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 142922)
It would be nice if you could buy a signed copy by Ruggero Deodato maybe the first 500 pre-orders??

Yeah as Ruggero Deadato is involved in the new release then signed copies would be agreat idea. Maybe even a numbered Film Senitype? They haven't been issued in Collectors releases in a while.

I'm all in for a tin release too that will look similar in style to the Bronx Warriors Trilogy set maybe?? :pray:

trench 14th April 2011 01:03 PM

Would film cells be pushing the boat out too far? How cool would that be.

robertzombie 14th April 2011 01:14 PM

How about a box that looks like a VHS case with the old GO video cover, then inside is housed the standard blu-ray/dvd box :)

Pete 14th April 2011 01:43 PM

OR how about some free human flesh? :D

I'm joking obviously.

Or am I?.....

PaulD 14th April 2011 04:23 PM

I'd love limited edition packaging. A Shameless steelbook would be ace.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 142945)
OR how about some free human flesh? :D

I'm joking obviously.

Or am I?.....

They could even use authentic turtle shell packaging... :eek:

corpsex 14th April 2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 142902)
Absolutely! Limited edition, numbered, tin or steelbook - just not in a yellow slipcase, please. Am I the only person who doesn't like them?

As far as extras, how about a CD of the soundtrack? The Lucertola one now fetches £30+ on ebay and to have one as part of the set would be fantastic.

I agree with this, a soundtrack would be a great extra..obviously on its own cd not as a extra on the disc

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 05:31 PM

I'd definately be up for some kind of limited packaging. How about a steelbook?

EDIT: looks like I'm not the first to suggest this. Great minds!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 05:34 PM

Steelbook,hardbox tin boxset-whatever!

I love fancy/limited packaging.:cool:

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 143007)
Steelbook,hardbox tin boxset-whatever!

I love fancy/limited packaging.:cool:

Damn, I never even thought of a hardbox. That would be ubercool. How about one of those monsterboxes, cram a lot of extra goodies in there. :nod:

Djangooo 14th April 2011 05:36 PM

More than a tin I'd love a hard cardboard cover like the Arrow Battle Royale boxset. There's something really satisfying about the texture and sturdiness of it for some reason. :lol:

the ultra destroyer 14th April 2011 05:37 PM

digibook with soundtrack

a cannibal holocaust digibook would be better than a tin it should also come with the CD soundtrack. :pray:

the ultra destroyer 14th April 2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djangooo (Post 143011)
More than a tin I'd love a hard cardboard cover like the Arrow Battle Royale boxset. There's something really satisfying about the texture and sturdiness of it for some reason. :lol:

that would be freakin awesome:pray::pray::happy:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th April 2011 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 143010)
Damn, I never even thought of a hardbox. That would be ubercool. How about one of those monsterboxes, cram a lot of extra goodies in there. :nod:

Clackbox contraption?

I think that's one of those where you can have all the different artwork in one go...:confused:

Even cooler would be one of those 'Glasbox' cases-anyone remember the original vhs of THE EVIL THAT MEN DO?

bigandya 14th April 2011 05:50 PM

Get a comic book in there! With the piranha scene :nod:

Sobral 14th April 2011 05:57 PM

Yes, in both formats, if the two together in the same release the better.

No oversized boxes please, don't like 'em on my shelf. A yellow steelbook would look amazing.
As for physical extras, art cards and a film cell (as already mentioned) would make it a sure buy for me.