Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031/201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The Artwork (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/6458-sham031-201-cannibal-holocaust-artwork.html)

platostotal 11th August 2011 10:57 AM

I think it looks cool, it will be easy to spot(tho back to the old retailers "my god, is that a spike" shock horror) a few of the more 'fleshy' Shameless cover/titles seem to have gone walkies from my HMV. Flavia, Goddess are nowhere to be seen. As has the Blu of NYR.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th August 2011 11:36 AM

Looking good! :thumb:

nekromantik 11th August 2011 11:42 AM

I also think its a little too minimalistic for a flick like CH :lol:
bit bland tbh so hope the reverse is better but hey thats just my 2 cents :)

antmumford 11th August 2011 12:06 PM

It looks better with the sticker but the problem is the sticker will be on the cellophane wrap so once it's off it does look a little too bare in my opinion.

Oh and I don't like that 'Blu-ray disc' logo, looks out of place and a bit unnecessary to be honest

Beyond72 11th August 2011 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 173230)
I also think its a little too minimalistic for a flick like CH :lol:

This Japanese designer obviously felt the same! :laugh:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th August 2011 12:47 PM

Although it seems strange Shameless haven't gone for a really exploitative cover, this rather classy and minimalist piece of artwork fits really well. Most of the more recent releases have just had a black front cover with the title and this one is a little more revealing.

I look forward to seeing what the reverse artwork will be.

nekromantik 11th August 2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 173239)
This Japanese designer obviously felt the same! :laugh:

ha ha very in your face :P

silverferox 11th August 2011 01:01 PM

The green/graphic Japanese lp cover posted earlier was surely the inspiration for this Arrow cover and rightly so - it's a great design.
The reason it works is largely due to the placement of the shadow and the fact that the white of the 'paper' is not entirely covered and instead utilized, allowing it to create a 'fourth' colour. Without these two aspects, the Arrow cover is lacking dimension and balance IMO. This design looks super cheap and not a stand up representation of the movie at this stage.
Kudos, however, going down this route - it's always challenging to maintain the simplicity and crassness of the 80s video cover designs yet inject them with enough sophistication to satisfy today's media/design savvy audience.

Beyond72 11th August 2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverferox (Post 173256)
The green/graphic Japanese lp cover posted earlier was surely the inspiration for this Arrow cover and rightly so - it's a great design.
The reason it works is largely due to the placement of the shadow and the fact that the white of the 'paper' is not entirely covered and instead utilized, allowing it to create a 'fourth' colour. Without these two aspects, the Arrow cover is lacking dimension and balance IMO. This design looks super cheap and not a stand up representation of the movie at this stage.
Kudos, however, going down this route - it's always challenging to maintain the simplicity and crassness of the 80s video cover designs yet inject them with enough sophistication to satisfy today's media/design savvy audience.

Yeah I was going to say that.

:tongue1:

antmumford 11th August 2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 173270)
Yeah I was going to say that.

:tongue1:

Yeah me too, you beat me to it :rolleyes: