Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031/201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The Artwork (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/6458-sham031-201-cannibal-holocaust-artwork.html)

platostotal 22nd August 2011 05:19 PM

Ditto. Nice subtle change.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd August 2011 05:23 PM

ditto again.

mr 420 23rd August 2011 10:48 AM

I have to go along with the guys. The second one is quality. Good job bud!:cool:

Colonel Cabbage 23rd August 2011 11:13 AM

The one on the right is so good!

BioZombie 23rd August 2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Cabbage (Post 176068)
The one on the right is so good!

Agreed, Shameless should really consider using it as the main panel.

Mojo 23rd August 2011 11:44 AM

Yep - same here. The right hand panel looks great.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 11:46 AM

Even though I like the Panel A artwork as it stands now, I have to admit that I do prefer your right-hand panel design, SJ. :nod:

Slippery Jack 23rd August 2011 12:13 PM

Thanks folks :dance:

Yeah the mud caked one is my favourite, definitely better to avoid the yellow of the case in the cover design . . .

enterthehero 23rd August 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 176069)
Agreed, Shameless should really consider using as the main panel.

Defiantly!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.705717,-0.327947

Slippery Jack 23rd August 2011 12:21 PM

I'm open to offers, Shameless :lol:

Seriously, how cool a job would that be: Shameless Cover Designer :cool: . . . ?

nekromantik 23rd August 2011 12:33 PM

i disagree both panels suck but hey thats just my opinion.
:lol:

I think the covers would have been better if it was a Arrow release. I prefer Arrow covers.

Colin654 23rd August 2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 176109)
I'm open to offers, Shameless :lol:

Seriously, how cool a job would that be: Shameless Cover Designer :cool: . . . ?

The right one is awesome! I hope they can change it if possible lol! Well Done Slippery Jack! :) C

bigandya 23rd August 2011 02:12 PM

Please DO NOT go with Cover A as originally planned.

As a fan of this film for nigh on 30 years, I seriously believe it deserves the greatest respect possible.

Slippery Jack's "mud" design really does this film justice, and the GO artwork is almost there; just modify the title font and colour.

Then you have a 10 out of 10 winner for presentation in my eyes.

gummysubstance 23rd August 2011 04:07 PM

i think this is definitely a case where shameless should take the new A cover, its just too good in comparison to the original simplistic green cover.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 08:06 PM

Panel B.
Go video.
Video nasty.
Excellent.:cool:

Splatterdragon73 24th August 2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 176128)
Slippery Jack's "mud" design really does this film justice.

I concur and this cracking cover gets my vote as a new and improved panel A design.:)

Playzocker 28th August 2011 10:27 PM

Wasn't this edition announced as some kind of special edition ... I have something in the back of my head that said this will have some kind of special packaging. Looks like a normal (yellow) keep case to me...

Panel B is really good, but panel A is a serious contender for the most boring and bland artwork I've seen this year...

Daemonia 29th August 2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 177404)
Wasn't this edition announced as some kind of special edition ... I have something in the back of my head that said this will have some kind of special packaging. Looks like a normal (yellow) keep case to me...

Panel B is really good, but panel A is a serious contender for the most boring and bland artwork I've seen this year...

It was announced that there wouldn't be any special edition packaging, as this fell outside of Shameless's budget range. Personally, I think the money's better spent on what is being provided on the disc. :)

Culture Vulture 27th February 2012 03:45 PM

The worst Shameless cover imho, the only one I hate. Horrible. The colours make it even worse.

mr 420 27th February 2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culture Vulture (Post 220317)
The worst Shameless cover imho, the only one I hate. Horrible. The colours make it even worse.

Well, I reallly like the cover and as for the colours, I think the subdued green makes the yellow pop. There are far worse covers out there.:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th February 2012 04:47 PM

The cover isn't the greatest, but it's not the worst. I'm not fond of it, so I'm using the classic Go Video artwork.

Rik 27th February 2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 220334)
The cover isn't the greatest, but it's not the worst. I'm not fond of it, so I'm using the classic Go Video artwork.

No, that award goes to the HOTEOTP one which is why I'm using the slightly better razor one

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th February 2012 06:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
GO!

Were always purveyors of fine art.

So when are Shameless gonna give us SS EXPERIMENT CAMP using the below artwork.

I've said it a hundred times.....a decent UK release of this trash would sell by the truckload!

Especially with the below as a reverse!

mr 420 29th February 2012 09:17 AM

If I remember correctly S.S Experiment Camp had an (uncut?) re-release a few years back on R2 by the dodgy Jef Films. I'm sure that this was passed uncut by the BBFC too! What a shame it turned out to be a bootleg.

As for GO Video artwork always being superb, have you ever seen the covers for The Black Cat or Scared To Death? My god, they're awful!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th March 2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 220632)
GO!

Were always purveyors of fine art.

So when are Shameless gonna give us SS EXPERIMENT CAMP using the below artwork.

I've said it a hundred times.....a decent UK release of this trash would sell by the truckload!

Especially with the below as a reverse!

I passed this suggestion onto Shameless and good news Reaps, they have and are still considering SS Experiment Camp as a future release, along with possibly some Michele Saovi goodies too. But who knows if anything will come of it - personally I would love it to, but only time will tell.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th March 2012 06:46 PM

Great news Kyle - thanks for the update.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th March 2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 222122)
I passed this suggestion onto Shameless and good news Reaps, they have and are still considering SS Experiment Camp as a future release, along with possibly some Michele Saovi goodies too. But who knows if anything will come of it - personally I would love it to, but only time will tell.

Well done young man!:clap:

'Bout time this scuzzy z grade trash was given a UK outing,if nothing else,for the uproar,controversy and heart attacks it caused to the moral guardians!

Ol' Mary will be spinning in her grave!

Get thinking of those taglines!:pound: