Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031 / SHAM201 – Cannibal Holocaust: The Blu-Ray and DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/6629-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-blu-ray-dvd-specs.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 178521)
Good call on getting Kim Newman for the documentary. I could listen to him read the phonebook. :cool:

So could I. He knows his stuff and put his points across eloquently and with passion.

While I'm waiting for this release, I'm currently working my way through the Grindhouse Films DVD, getting ready to see what it's like in HD and what difference they'll be.

Rik 2nd September 2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 178521)
Good call on getting Kim Newman for the documentary. I could listen to him read the phonebook. :cool:

I'm interested to hear his take on this, seeing as he gave a pretty bad review of Deodato's Last Cannibal World(and all the Italian cannibal films TBH), in the Eaten Alive! book. He even says and I quote "I can leave Last Cannibal World behind and never have to think about any of these films again", that is until somebody pays me for a documentary ha ha

Violence is Italian Art

Peter Neal 2nd September 2011 07:24 PM

What's the language specs on this?

Any hope the German dub finds its way on this release (Thanks again for including it on the NYR SE, so I simply HAD TO ask!:rockon::clap:)?

robw285 3rd September 2011 12:12 PM

Does anyone know the running time of the new documentary

Rik 3rd September 2011 12:43 PM

I've just pre-ordered the dvd from Amazon for £9.99, cheapest I've seen it and it's the first time I've double dipped on the same release, I'm certain it'll be worth it :)

Sarah@Cult Labs 15th September 2011 12:49 PM

For those who've been asking, the special features will be in 1080p.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th September 2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robw285 (Post 178604)
Does anyone know the running time of the new documentary

The Road Back from Hell documentary is exactly 40 minutes and 20 seconds long.

As Sarah said, it's also in 1080p high definition.

vaultkeeper 15th September 2011 09:51 PM

Any language specs?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th September 2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaultkeeper (Post 181454)
Any language specs?

I can't remember off the top of my head, but will check in the morning.

Splatterdragon73 16th September 2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 178532)
I'm interested to hear his take on this, seeing as he gave a pretty bad review of Deodato's Last Cannibal World(and all the Italian cannibal films TBH), in the Eaten Alive! book.

Didn't Jason J. Slater write the above tome? Maybe you were thinking of Newman's Nightmare Movies instead?

I'm looking forward to the Shameless CH DVD and BR popping through my letterbox in due course. I just hope the council contractors imminently renovating our flat don't have light fingers and watch where they're stepping!

I'll still be buying Grindhouse Releasing's U.S. HD edition though to see what packaging and extras Sage Stallone and Bob Murawski cook up.:)