Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2011, 02:56 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default SHAM031 / SHAM201 – Cannibal Holocaust: The Blu-Ray and DVD Specs

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST

THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL FILM EVER MADE, NOW ON BLU-RAY FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AND FEATURING A BRAND NEW EDIT BY DIRECTOR RUGGERO DEODATO.

Described by Film Threat in a Five Star review as “excellent… legendary… there’s no other film like it… there never will be”, director Ruggero Deodato’s Cannibal Holocaust remains one of the most shocking and controversial films of all time. Now, for the first time ever and exclusively for Shameless Screen Entertainment, Deodato has revisited his classic of horror cinema to produce a brand new Director’s Edit of the film especially for its High Definition debut on Blu-ray.

This new Director’s Edit, which removes or partially hides several instances of animal slaughter, will be released as a special Blu-ray and as two-disc DVD edition that includes both the new version and the original version of Cannibal Holocaust, along with a host of extras specially commissioned for this release.

In a statement issued expressly for this new edit made for Shameless explaining the artistic decision to re-edit the film, Deodato says, “At the time, I would have preferred not to kill the animals during the making of the film, but this was requested by the producers. We’d sent them some early dailies and they kept calling us on set in the jungle asking us to shoot increasingly bloody scenes.

“I would not change anything to the film, its structure and content, aside from the fact that, now – thirty years later – I’ve reassessed the way the animals were dealt with. Now I would not do it.”

An extremely violent and gory film, containing strong sex, sexual violence and animal slaughter, Cannibal Holocaust is a powerful and provocative work concerning a crew of documentary filmmakers who go missing while filming primitive cannibal tribes deep in the Amazonian rain forest. The horrific footage they shot before disappearing is found by the members of a second expedition who soon discover the horrific truth behind their demise.

“Without doubt deserving of its reputation as one of the most disgusting and nihilistic films ever made [and] easily as shocking today as it was over [thirty years] ago… Cannibal Holocaust is an impressive and surprisingly intelligent film” (Beyond Hollywood.com) with a “raw, undeniable power, which has been imitated, but never quite equalled” (The Digital Fix).

Cannibal Holocaust (cert. 18) will be released on Blu-ray (£24.99) and two-disc DVD (£19.99) by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 26th September 2011.

Special Features:
  • Introduction to the original film by director Ruggero Deodato
  • Introduction to the new Director’s Edit by Ruggero Deodato.
  • “Film And Be Damned” – inteview with Ruggero Deodato and actor Carl G. Yorke.
  • “The Long Road Back From Hell” – specially commissioned documentary by Cine Excess featuring Kim Newman, Professor Julian Petley, Professor Mary Wood, Ruggero Deodato, Carl G. Yorke and actress Francesca Ciardi.
  • Theatrical Trailer.
  • Easter Egg.
  • Shameless Trailer Park.

And a Reversible Sleeve which looks like this...

And the new Shameless Trailer...

Pre-order here now:
- Amazon.co.uk
-HMV
- Play.com

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST WILL BE RELEASED ON DVD (RRP £19.99) AND BLU-RAY (RRP £24.99) BY SHAMELESS SCREEN ENTERTAINMENT ON 26 SEPTEMBER 2011.
Old 2nd September 2011, 03:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm guessing it was this version you were watching earlier today?
Really looking forward to this, even though I already own 2 decent uncut DVD's of it!

Violence is Italian Art
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd September 2011, 03:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Looks good -- it'll be great to see it in high definition.
Old 2nd September 2011, 05:15 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on this...
Old 2nd September 2011, 05:22 PM
Active Cultist

even though this is edited,i will buy this release day love the pre-cert artwork
Old 2nd September 2011, 05:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just pre-ordered this from Zavvi for £13.85, should make an appearance sometime around Xmas!

Violence is Italian Art
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd September 2011, 05:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

just placed me preorder for the blu using spare voucher for £12

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd September 2011, 05:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's my first time ordering from them because I've read on here about how slack they are when dispatching stuff, but I couldn't resist for that price, if I get it early then I'm sure I'll use them again

Violence is Italian Art
Old 2nd September 2011, 05:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Just pre-ordered this from Zavvi for £13.85, should make an appearance sometime around Xmas!

Violence is Italian Art
I've pre-ordered it from The Hut but, as they are the same company and presumably use the same warehouse, I'm not holding my breath!
Old 2nd September 2011, 05:57 PM
Cult Addict

Good call on getting Kim Newman for the documentary. I could listen to him read the phonebook.
Slippery Jack likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!