Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031 / SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The Reviews (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/6750-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-reviews.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd September 2011 05:03 PM

Nice review. Pity the documentary is narrated by Xavier Mendik though. :lol:

ecc 23rd September 2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 183642)
Great review Nos! Glad to see the PQ is of a high standard. The absence of subtitles on the feature is a little odd (although makes sense given the reason you stated) but since there's no commentary on the feature the lack of subtitles isn't an issue fo rme (whenever watching a film with commentary I always like to have the subtitles on)

That's odd. The Shameless DVD has English and Italian Dolby Digital 2.0 mono audio and English subtitles yet the Blu is listed in your review as having only DTS-MA 2.0 and Dolby Digital English tracks. That is an odd choice for Shameless, but I guess it might make the DVD more attractive if you want the Italian audio and English subs.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd September 2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecc (Post 183645)
That's odd. The Shameless DVD has English and Italian Dolby Digital 2.0 mono audio and English subtitles yet the Blu is listed in your review as having only DTS-MA 2.0 and Dolby Digital English tracks. That is an odd choice for Shameless, but I guess it might make the DVD more attractive if you want the Italian audio and English subs.

That is strange - I wonder if the retail version is different to the review disc.

PaulD 23rd September 2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecc (Post 183645)

If I remember correctly, the dvd of the re-release of New York Ripper had a German audio track which was absent from the bluray.

ecc 23rd September 2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 183649)
That is strange - I wonder if the retail version is different to the review disc.

The review disc is a pressed check disc so I doubt Shameless - which is a small, though ambitious operation - would pay to have menus created before they finalized which audio tracks they were including (and paying to create an English subtitle translation). I guess it is a nice bonus for the DVD edition.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd September 2011 05:54 PM

I'm pleased I've ordered the DVD as well as the BD then!

nekromantik 23rd September 2011 07:54 PM

why would shameless omit something on the more expensive format.
makes no sense to me

Sobral 23rd September 2011 08:48 PM

The same here, being a non-native english speaker subtitles help a lot and have been very appreciated in the last Shameless releases, can't understand that decision either...
There's no way I'm buying yet another copy for the subs alone, I have already an uncut disc, I'm buying this mainly for the extras and because I like to support Shameless.

ecc 24th September 2011 05:34 PM

I'll post the review when it is finished.

ecc 24th September 2011 05:57 PM

Blu caps added: CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (Grindhouse DVD vs Shameless DVD vs Shameless Blu)