Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031 / SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The Reviews (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/6750-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-reviews.html)

Splatterdragon73 25th September 2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 183641)
I put my review of the BD up today - Cannibal Holocaust Blu-ray Review

Another good review, Nos and it's nice that you also went for both the SD and HD editions of CH just like yours truly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 183704)
I'm buying this mainly for the extras.

Me too otherwise i would've given this release a wide berth if no exclusive bonus material was evident.:)

Pete 25th September 2011 10:42 PM

10,000 Bullets » Cannibal Holocaust – Shameless Screen Entertainment (BluRay)

Black Gloves 26th September 2011 11:16 AM

My review from Horrorview.com

Cannibal Holocaust (1980) | UK Blu-ray Review | Horrorview.com

Sarah@Cult Labs 26th September 2011 12:52 PM

My brother's review over at Filmwerk.

Filmwerk » Cannibal Holocaust Blu-ray Review

Pete 27th September 2011 07:34 AM

Home Cinema @ The Digital Fix - Cannibal Holocaust

the blob 27th September 2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 184793)

Not giving the film itself much of a chance is he... Poor choice of reviewer.

Pete 27th September 2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 184822)
Not giving the film itself much of a chance is he... Poor choice of reviewer.

It's strange that he's critical of the sexual violence in this film but doesn't seem to have a problem with the NEW YORK RIPPER, which he gave 8/10.

Rotten 27th September 2011 11:57 AM

Personally, i give the dvd 10 out of 10.....it looks the best i have ever seen it, and the chance to hear the brilliant score so clearly is worth it alone. Definatly better than my uncut disc.

napalm-in-the-morning 27th September 2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotten (Post 184829)
Personally, i give the dvd 10 out of 10.....it looks the best i have ever seen it, and the chance to hear the brilliant score so clearly is worth it alone. Definatly better than my uncut disc.

Agree. I really don't see how anyone can bash the picture quality of this HD version. It's amazingly good and hammers the Grindhouse version in both colour and clarity. I actually thought the EC edition had a better picture than Grindhouse but I know I was in the minority over that view. I still wish there had been a commehntary on the Deodato re-edit though but on the whole, well done Shameless :clap:. It is a miracle that they got this through the BBFC and will surely set a new precident for a LOT of future re-releases. I wonder if the tabloids and mainstream press will carry any reviews or comments on the changing face of censorship that this release raises?

Pete 27th September 2011 12:26 PM

I also thought the EC version looked better than the Grindhouse release.