Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2012, 09:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Grindhouse Releasing 2-DVD set has an option on it to watch the film with all the scenes of animal cruelty removed.However, I think watching the film this way removes a lot of its shock impact.It's only really the muskrat killing that I have difficulty watching as it's drawn out and is, obviously, extremely painful for the animal.
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Does anyone know if Lamberto Bava was the AD on Cannibal Holocaust ? There's a story going around for years (which originated I think in the Deep Red Horror Handbook) that Bava was the assisstant director on the film, and would wander off into the jungle when Deodata was preparing the animals for their 15 minutes... It's a great story but I don't think it's true...
Old 2nd October 2012, 01:21 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Does anyone know if Lamberto Bava was the AD on Cannibal Holocaust ? There's a story going around for years (which originated I think in the Deep Red Horror Handbook) that Bava was the assisstant director on the film, and would wander off into the jungle when Deodata was preparing the animals for their 15 minutes... It's a great story but I don't think it's true...
according to wikipedia he was!
Old 2nd October 2012, 02:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've said this before on a different topic. Don't trust anything on Wikipedia.
Old 2nd October 2012, 09:45 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I've said this before on a different topic. Don't trust anything on Wikipedia.
well i did say according to...
just been on imdb and on cast/crew page Bva is asst director (unconfirmed)
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
The Fab Press book on Deodato says something about it, but I can't remember right now and don't have it here...
I think he was credited as AD on a technicality, and if he was on set was only briefly. I'll confirm when possible.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post
The Fab Press book on Deodato says something about it, but I can't remember right now and don't have it here...
I think he was credited as AD on a technicality, and if he was on set was only briefly. I'll confirm when possible.
I can confirm that it does say it in the FP book, I'll dig it out tomorrow and find the exact part
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd October 2012, 06:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The animal violence is nasty in Holocaust, but Ferox is to me far far worse. The animal cruelty in that film is protracted and downright nasty. Holocaust at least has some artistic merit and a political statement, kinda.
Old 3rd October 2012, 07:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
The animal violence is nasty in Holocaust, but Ferox is to me far far worse. The animal cruelty in that film is protracted and downright nasty. Holocaust at least has some artistic merit and a political statement, kinda.

Just an update here. Since I started this thread, I have wat he'd the Director's Edit of CH.

I really enjoyed it! I did fast forward the three main animal killings though. The rape with the wooden dildo was he most ****ed up part for me (next to the animal slaughter, which I skipped).
Old 3rd October 2012, 07:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Excellent stuff, glad you liked it. No shame skipping the animal killings - I cringe as well when they come on. Have you seen other Italian Cannibal flicks ? It's all downhill from here !

Like this? Share it using the links below!