Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Almost bought this today, but... (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/9581-almost-bought-today-but.html)

ArgentoFan1987 3rd October 2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 278525)
Excellent stuff, glad you liked it. No shame skipping the animal killings - I cringe as well when they come on. Have you seen other Italian Cannibal flicks ? It's all downhill from here !

No but I just got Cannibal Apocalypse.

I had to fast forward those scenes as I am an animal lover . My dog died a few months ago and I had never felt adness like it in my life ( and my gran had just died five weeks before It. I still don't think I've completely gotten over it).

Wes 3rd October 2012 07:41 PM

That's tough, grief is the price we pay for love, as a wiser man than me said... Courage dude ! The other Italian Cannibal flicks are not so essential but Deodato's 1976 film Last Cannibal World / Jungle Holocaust is a good one, in many ways a dress refersal for Cannibal Holocaust and well worth seeing. Not a whole lot of animal cruelty if I remember rightly...

James Morton 4th October 2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 278555)
That's tough, grief is the price we pay for love, as a wiser man than me said... Courage dude ! The other Italian Cannibal flicks are not so essential but Deodato's 1976 film Last Cannibal World / Jungle Holocaust is a good one, in many ways a dress refersal for Cannibal Holocaust and well worth seeing. Not a whole lot of animal cruelty if I remember rightly...

in the UK 2m 46s was cut out
2 cuts of animal cruelty and i cut of sexuaised violence

Wes 4th October 2012 01:54 PM

....but the US Shriek Show disc is fully uncut and this is the one to go for. I should have mentioned that in my earlier post. Thank-you James.

Hawkmonger 4th October 2012 02:24 PM

Animal Cruelty is the one instance where BBFC cut's don't bother me. They are cruel, and unnecisary. Holocaust is let off the hook though, because the animal's where killed quickly and humainly (except for the Muskrat, which was butchered accidently:() and they are not linggering shot's of the animal's in pain. Mountain of the Cannibal God however....just look at that poor monkey!

Wes 4th October 2012 02:27 PM

Probably worth mentioning at this point that the BBFC are compelled by British law to make cuts to scenes of animals killings that are cruel and the suffering drawn out. A few slip thru like the slaughter of the bull in Apocalypse Now, but by and large the Board have no say in this matter...

James Morton 4th October 2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 278832)
....but the US Shriek Show disc is fully uncut and this is the one to go for. I should have mentioned that in my earlier post. Thank-you James.

i know the R1 dvd is uncut i used to own it:)

SharonLynette 7th October 2012 10:20 AM

ah by now you've bought it and seen it! I've seen it once many years ago I've never bothered to even look at getting it for my collection due to the amount of animals killed for the film. But I wasn't that blown away by it that I'm bothered. I've become a lot more sensitive with age though.

James Morton 7th October 2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 279701)
ah by now you've bought it and seen it! I've seen it once many years ago I've never bothered to even look at getting it for my collection due to the amount of animals killed for the film. But I wasn't that blown away by it that I'm bothered. I've become a lot more sensitive with age though.

tbh when i first saw JUNGLE HOLOCAUST i didn't think much of it at the time
which probably explains why i eventually sold it
honestly although uncut i don't remember the animal cruelty scenes
come to think of it i don't remember anything about the film

Vampix 5th May 2013 07:20 PM

I read an interesting interview in the latest Dark Side with Cannibal Holocaust's Francesca Ciardi and Gabriel Yorke.Apparently, they are the only ones, along with Ruggero Deodato and Robert Kerman, who want anything to do with the film nowadays (convention appearences).Luca Barbareschi is in Italian politics, and Perry Pirkanen is in politics on the east coast of the US and doesn't want to be connected to the film.Francesca Ciardi works in law and is based in London.What's even more interesting is that Grindhouse are working on a Blu-ray release of Deodato's notorious flick. :)