Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Censorship (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mary Whitehouse (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/censorship/13583-mary-whitehouse.html)

MrBarlow 4th May 2017 02:40 PM

Mary Whitehouse

After watching the documentary about the video Nasties, Mary Whitehouse campaigned to have the movies banned not because she saw them but she saw covers. If she was still alive would she hate the shameless covers and campaign again. :lol:

Rik 4th May 2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 531820)
After watching the documentary about the video Nasties, Mary Whitehouse campaigned to have the movies banned not because she saw them but she saw covers. If she was still alive would she hate the shameless covers and campaign again. :lol:

I watched both Nucleus Video Nasties docs last night, and both parts of Ban the Sadist Videos this morning :nod:
She'd have a field day with some of the stuff that's available these days, the Saw film, Hostel etc. As for the Shameless covers, she'd probably take offence to the covers with tits on the front, mainly because hers went South years ago :lol:

bleakshaun 4th May 2017 02:48 PM

i find it hilarious how she said called Evil Dead the number one nasty, when there was worst like I Spit on Your Grave
what's worst was she never watched it :pound:

gag 4th May 2017 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Damn wrong thread ... Thought it was going to be a debate about trump and the whitehouse then.

Justin101 4th May 2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 531823)
I watched both Nucleus Video Nasties docs last night, and both parts of Ban the Sadist Videos this morning :nod:
She'd have a field day with some of the stuff that's available these days, the Saw film, Hostel etc. As for the Shameless covers, she'd probably take offence to the covers with tits on the front, mainly because hers went South years ago :lol:

I'm well in the mood to watch those 2 sets now - I have too much homework at the moment though :lol:

Rik 4th May 2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 531833)
I'm well in the mood to watch those 2 sets now - I have too much homework at the moment though :lol:

All the recent VHS discussion is what made me wanna watch them again :lol:

Justin101 4th May 2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 531837)
All the recent VHS discussion is what made me wanna watch them again :lol:

I've seen a lot more of the films in question now since when I first watched them so I can put it more in context. They're only an hour long the docs, I suppose I can afford to watch at least the first one.

Rik 4th May 2017 03:36 PM

Yeah, I've seen and own a lot more of the films now, not sure if that's a good thing though :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th May 2017 03:57 PM

I doubt Mary Whitehouse would have been a going concern nowadays. The times and attitudes have changed for the better over the years since.

There's more to worry about for people like that than some crappy Italian zombie film.

bleakshaun 4th May 2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 531843)
I doubt Mary Whitehouse would have been a going concern nowadays. The times and attitudes have changed for the better over the years since.

There's more to worry about for people like that than some crappy Italian zombie film.

presumably she would have had the might of the daily mail still behind her irrespective of whether the times changed