Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Censorship (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Which of the "Video Nasties" have you yet to see? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/censorship/2466-video-nasties-have-you-yet-see.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th March 2010 06:07 PM

Cheers guys! :thumb:

It looks like I posted the same time as you Gojirosan - so didn't see your response to loops' list. :biggrin:

Looks like Terror Eyes may be the one to check out next though. :happy:

Just out of curiousity: is Psycho Puppet available anywhere on DVD, as I don't think I've ever seen it whilst on my web travels...?

42ndStreetFreak 7th March 2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 65973)
Just out of curiousity: is Psycho Puppet available anywhere on DVD, as I don't think I've ever seen it whilst on my web travels...?

As far as I know yes.
As "Delirium". But be careful because there's also another film called "Delirium" I think. I've got 'Blue Underground' in my head for some reason.

Gojirosan 7th March 2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 65975)
As far as I know yes.
As "Delirium". But be careful because there's also another film called "Delirium" I think. I've got 'Blue Underground' in my head for some reason.

Yeah, BU release a messed up nasty giallo called Delirium (aka Delirio Caldo, 1972 D: Renato Polselli). Unfortunately other gialli (by Lamberto Bava, Michele Soavi and Riccardo Freda) have been released with the alternate titles of Delirium! Which complicates matters!

Delirium the "Nasty" was 1979, USA D: Peter Maris and was reissued in a cut version in the US as Psycho Puppet. There have definitely been R1 DVD and VHS releases as Psycho Puppet but I have no idea if they are the cut reissue or not. Sorry!

vincenzo 7th March 2010 06:35 PM

I've seen all of the 74 now (and own them in some form or another). Not necessarily a good thing though. Many of them are just plain awful. :ohwell:

Delirium is one of the lesser ones. In fact it's quite darft really (a loopy Vietnam vet is hired by a bunch of far-righters to act as a vigilante). Would have no BBFC problems whatsoever today.

Angel 7th March 2010 06:41 PM

Is Frozen Scream any good?

vincenzo 7th March 2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 65982)
Is Frozen Scream any good?

To be honest it's so bad it's funny. Incredibly cheaply made and with cryogenically reanimated zombies that wear monk's cowls. The music is identical to the Casio score used in Don't Go In The Woods. The plot lost me about 20 mins in and all I could do then was watch (and weep). Chronic acting, incomprehensible story, and easily one of the worst on the list.

Bar for a cheap looking eye-gouging and an even cheaper axe in the head it's pretty much bloodless.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th March 2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 65978)
Yeah, BU release a messed up nasty giallo called Delirium (aka Delirio Caldo, 1972 D: Renato Polselli). Unfortunately other gialli (by Lamberto Bava, Michele Soavi and Riccardo Freda) have been released with the alternate titles of Delirium! Which complicates matters!

Delirium the "Nasty" was 1979, USA D: Peter Maris and was reissued in a cut version in the US as Psycho Puppet. There have definitely been R1 DVD and VHS releases as Psycho Puppet but I have no idea if they are the cut reissue or not. Sorry!

Yeah, I have a few DVDs under the title of Delirium so wanted to be sure! :dizzy: :biggrin:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th March 2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 65979)
I've seen all of the 74 now (and own them in some form or another). Not necessarily a good thing though. Many of them are just plain awful. :ohwell:

Delirium is one of the lesser ones. In fact it's quite darft really (a loopy Vietnam vet is hired by a bunch of far-righters to act as a vigilante). Would have no BBFC problems whatsoever today.

Doesn't sound like this particularly Delirium is desperately worth seeking out in the near future then - the alternative title of Psycho Puppet had me intrigued though! :lol:

Gojirosan 8th March 2010 12:21 AM

I used to have the Viz Films VHS release of Psycho Puppet, but before I ever watched it I lent it to someone who posted it back to me and it was lost in the post. Bah!

Incidentally folk, I watched The Werewolf And The Yeti again recently when I transferrred it from VHS to DVD...it really is a dreadful, dreadful film! It would surely pass uncut today, but I can't see who would buy it beyond the first few hundred Video Nasty completists! It's that bad! One of Naschy's very worst efforts.

nekromantik 8th March 2010 07:16 AM

I feel shamelfull ha ha, not seen many nastys.
:(