All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2010, 06:07 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Cheers guys!

It looks like I posted the same time as you Gojirosan - so didn't see your response to loops' list.

Looks like Terror Eyes may be the one to check out next though.

Just out of curiousity: is Psycho Puppet available anywhere on DVD, as I don't think I've ever seen it whilst on my web travels...?
Old 7th March 2010, 06:17 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Just out of curiousity: is Psycho Puppet available anywhere on DVD, as I don't think I've ever seen it whilst on my web travels...?
As far as I know yes.
As "Delirium". But be careful because there's also another film called "Delirium" I think. I've got 'Blue Underground' in my head for some reason.
Old 7th March 2010, 06:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post
As far as I know yes.
As "Delirium". But be careful because there's also another film called "Delirium" I think. I've got 'Blue Underground' in my head for some reason.
Yeah, BU release a messed up nasty giallo called Delirium (aka Delirio Caldo, 1972 D: Renato Polselli). Unfortunately other gialli (by Lamberto Bava, Michele Soavi and Riccardo Freda) have been released with the alternate titles of Delirium! Which complicates matters!

Delirium the "Nasty" was 1979, USA D: Peter Maris and was reissued in a cut version in the US as Psycho Puppet. There have definitely been R1 DVD and VHS releases as Psycho Puppet but I have no idea if they are the cut reissue or not. Sorry!
Old 7th March 2010, 06:35 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I've seen all of the 74 now (and own them in some form or another). Not necessarily a good thing though. Many of them are just plain awful.

Delirium is one of the lesser ones. In fact it's quite darft really (a loopy Vietnam vet is hired by a bunch of far-righters to act as a vigilante). Would have no BBFC problems whatsoever today.
Old 7th March 2010, 06:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Is Frozen Scream any good?
Old 7th March 2010, 06:51 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Is Frozen Scream any good?
To be honest it's so bad it's funny. Incredibly cheaply made and with cryogenically reanimated zombies that wear monk's cowls. The music is identical to the Casio score used in Don't Go In The Woods. The plot lost me about 20 mins in and all I could do then was watch (and weep). Chronic acting, incomprehensible story, and easily one of the worst on the list.

Bar for a cheap looking eye-gouging and an even cheaper axe in the head it's pretty much bloodless.
Old 7th March 2010, 06:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Yeah, BU release a messed up nasty giallo called Delirium (aka Delirio Caldo, 1972 D: Renato Polselli). Unfortunately other gialli (by Lamberto Bava, Michele Soavi and Riccardo Freda) have been released with the alternate titles of Delirium! Which complicates matters!

Delirium the "Nasty" was 1979, USA D: Peter Maris and was reissued in a cut version in the US as Psycho Puppet. There have definitely been R1 DVD and VHS releases as Psycho Puppet but I have no idea if they are the cut reissue or not. Sorry!
Yeah, I have a few DVDs under the title of Delirium so wanted to be sure!
Old 7th March 2010, 07:00 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I've seen all of the 74 now (and own them in some form or another). Not necessarily a good thing though. Many of them are just plain awful.

Delirium is one of the lesser ones. In fact it's quite darft really (a loopy Vietnam vet is hired by a bunch of far-righters to act as a vigilante). Would have no BBFC problems whatsoever today.
Doesn't sound like this particularly Delirium is desperately worth seeking out in the near future then - the alternative title of Psycho Puppet had me intrigued though!
Old 8th March 2010, 12:21 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I used to have the Viz Films VHS release of Psycho Puppet, but before I ever watched it I lent it to someone who posted it back to me and it was lost in the post. Bah!

Incidentally folk, I watched The Werewolf And The Yeti again recently when I transferrred it from VHS to DVD...it really is a dreadful, dreadful film! It would surely pass uncut today, but I can't see who would buy it beyond the first few hundred Video Nasty completists! It's that bad! One of Naschy's very worst efforts.
Old 8th March 2010, 07:16 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I feel shamelfull ha ha, not seen many nastys.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!