Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2010, 02:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm in the midst of working my way through this, luckily still got the limited edition.
A review will follow as soon as I've watched all the promising looking features...
Old 27th November 2010, 03:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Finally I was awoken this morning by the sound of this crashing through the letterbox. I say crashing because that's exactly what happened, a bit of damage to the external case, both retainer clips inside the box completely snapped off and two of the dvds running loose in the wild. I expect this happened when the box hit the floor as the discs are fine.

All that aside though, it is the limited edition (so I can't send it back for a replacement box now but I can live with that!) number 131, so it seems that I just nipped in at the right time to buy it. Very much looking forward to watching through it now, from what I've read it's nothing short of stunning.

I wonder if those oversized, 3-disc boxes are hard to come by? I'd even send Marc a couple of quid if he had a spare one knocking about that he could sell me.
Old 27th November 2010, 03:47 PM
Cultist

Default Broken Box

I had the same problem and emailed Marc direct. Here's the reply I hope he won't mind me posting it.

Hi Shawn,

The boxes we had to specially import from a company in Scandinavia. I don't think they can be purchased separately. I will see if I can get some sent over though.

Network also use them.

Cheers,

Marc

thexperiment podcasts
Old 27th November 2010, 09:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Cheers for that Shawn. I'll maybe fire of a PM to Marc on the off-chance he's getting some sent over.
Old 28th November 2010, 11:45 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I pre ordered mine in HMV who I phoned on a few days after its release and was told it was put aside for me 3 day previous and someone should have rang me to let me know. They hadn't .
When I got down I was told it was 'misplaced' and they'd have to re order it for me.

Thats 3 outta the last 4 films I pre ordered from HMV that they failed to notify me when it came .
Old 1st December 2010, 01:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Finally finnished disc 2 I must say though, there is probably less than 10 films that I would want to see for now. Maybe the third disc will have a few more.
Old 4th December 2010, 06:14 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Just a quick OCD question about the cases used. All the ones I've seen in HMV stores and on youtube reviews, etc have had black cases, but mine (from Amazon) came in a clear case. Anybody get theirs in a clear case?
Old 4th December 2010, 06:22 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default New Video Nasties Documentary

Yeah, mine came in a clear case as well.
Old 7th December 2010, 11:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

The one I got from Amazon came in a black case.
Old 7th December 2010, 11:32 AM
Active Cultist

The first 5,000 were packaged in a mixture of black and clear cases due to a shortage of the black cases.

Just a reminder that you can get regular news updates on this set over at our Facebook page - please sign up! Facebook: Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide

Like this? Share it using the links below!