Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th August 2010, 03:42 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've just come back from watching the documentary at FrightFest and thought it was INCREDIBLE! Along with The Dead, this was/is the best thing that was shown at the festival. Very informative, quite funny and well made. I highly highly highly recomend this! I'll be getting it on DVD now - no question about it. There was also a Q&A after the film which was just as enjoyable too.
Old 30th August 2010, 07:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Enjoy the old Frighfest then Kyle?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 31st August 2010, 12:31 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm not so sure this is entirely correct. I've heard about a German distributer (big one, though not major player ... I'll leave their name out since I don't like being sued if I get a tiny detail wrong) who put a trailer DVD into some of their releases and then had to pull it back because they used trailers they didn't have the rights to...

I'm not exactly sure how everything went, since that happened at the beginning of the DVD age,
Old 31st August 2010, 05:49 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
I've just come back from watching the documentary at FrightFest and thought it was INCREDIBLE! Along with The Dead, this was/is the best thing that was shown at the festival. Very informative, quite funny and well made. I highly highly highly recomend this! I'll be getting it on DVD now - no question about it. There was also a Q&A after the film which was just as enjoyable too.
Thanks for the feedback - We're getting some really positive feedback, and have been invited to screen it at several other festivals too.

First review over at Brutal as Hell: FrightFest 2010 Review: Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship and Videotape

Plus some good comments over at the Frightfest forum: VIDEO NASTIES DOCUMENTARY / DISCUSSION
Old 20th September 2010, 05:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default nasty trailer dvd

hi all,i see there is going to be a dvd release featureing 72 video nasty trailers.personally im looking forward to this.what about you?
Old 20th September 2010, 06:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Its a lot more than Trailers dis. Theres a new Doc on the 'nasties' as well as new intro's and loads extra.
Im getting this for sure mate.

Theres a full thead with imput from Marc Morris else where on the board.
Old 20th September 2010, 07:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

yeah,its on my to get list too!like anything video nasty related!!!
Old 20th September 2010, 11:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Cool, it sure will be the definitive guide and history of the DPP film list , you sure love them 'nasties' dis.
Great news on ARROW getting Island of Death passed uncut eh.? That will be one 'nasty' thats a must buy .
Old 21st September 2010, 06:49 PM
Cultist

I've heard about this, but have yet to see it on the BBFC's website. I must say I'm interested in seeing it myself. I'm thinking though, a few of the trailers will have a few problems, especially the 7 minute Love Camp 7 trailer which contains a lot of sexual violence.
Old 21st September 2010, 07:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

already own island of death.1st purchase was the vipco effort which i replaced with image entertainments version.says collectors edition and fully uncut.it does contain stuff not in the vipco version and i imagine some scenes are alot longer?
i see there is another release of isoyg,but imagine the hmv version is still cut?

Like this? Share it using the links below!