LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2010, 12:31 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Just received my set today (from Amazon) - number 4855
Can't wait to finish work tonight now so I can have a look through it all
Old 10th November 2010, 01:38 PM
Active Cultist

I guess this question has been asked a thousand times already, but is there a blu-ray release of this set in the plannings?

Last edited by Amertume; 10th November 2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10th November 2010, 07:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Mines arrived today,and is number 179

That's where the happiness ends All the discs were loose and and 2 have a lot of scratches I don't own a disc with a finger print on it, never mind scratches

Again does the lower number you get make it more collectable?
If so I might take the discs to gamestation to see if there machine can fix them. The maching got my afterschool wii game to work and made the scratches disappear.
Old 10th November 2010, 09:24 PM
Active Cultist

Found the two Easter eggs on Disc 1. Interesting and amusing. There are none on Disc 2 as far as I know, and I haven't checked Disc 3.
Old 10th November 2010, 10:03 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Mines arrived today,and is number 179

That's where the happiness ends All the discs were loose and and 2 have a lot of scratches I don't own a disc with a finger print on it, never mind scratches

Again does the lower number you get make it more collectable?
If so I might take the discs to gamestation to see if there machine can fix them. The maching got my afterschool wii game to work and made the scratches disappear.
2 of my discs were loose too, luckily they both play fine and I've made back ups just in case. Came from Play.com
Old 10th November 2010, 11:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

One of my discs was loose and scratched but after watching the entire disc through I can safely say it's fine, phew!

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 11th November 2010, 07:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I received my set earlier this week. Is anyone really interested in my box's number?

Probably not is the answer

So far, I've watched the doc and some of the trailers (with ints) on discs 2 and 3. It is an invaluable package for anyone with an interest in horror movies and the censorship row. Being a teenager at the time of the furore, it's a trip down memory lane. As stated in earlier posts, those who supported the Bill come across as very old-fashioned and unreasonably sensitive. Like religous evangelists, they appear to believe that they are stemming a decline in moral values.
I put to them that they should have spent their energy elsewhere.

The trailer and intros are superb. i didn't agree with the viewpoint of every contributor but that's not a problem.
Emily Booth's contribution was honest, in the way she read from the autocue. It's better to get it right and read the review.

Anyway, thanks to all concerned. It could have been a disaster but was well put together and actually taught me a few things
Old 12th November 2010, 01:00 PM
Active Cultist

Three questions:

1. Are all the trailers on these discs uncut and uncensored?
2. What will happen with the "Moral panic, Censorship and Videotape" disc once the limited run is sold out?
3. Any chance of a blu-ray release?
Old 12th November 2010, 06:41 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amertume View Post
Three questions:

1. Are all the trailers on these discs uncut and uncensored?
2. What will happen with the "Moral panic, Censorship and Videotape" disc once the limited run is sold out?
3. Any chance of a blu-ray release?
I'm sure Marc will correct me if I'm wrong but here goes:

1. Yes
2. It will be exactly the same content but without the 6 postcards and no number stamped on the back.
3. Not at this time as BD Mastering still expensive Vs how many BD's they will sell.

Also listen to our podcast interview with Marc Morris where he talks about the above and more thexperimenthq

thexperiment podcasts
Old 13th November 2010, 03:15 PM
Cultist

Got mine off the shelf today,ltd edition No.4721,not watched it all yet but am really enjoying what I`ve seen so far,lots of good memories from that era,I`m a wee bit dissappointed by Allan Bryce getting mixed up with the actresses in Cannibal Ferox tho(tut,tut).

Like this? Share it using the links below!