Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
You going to hate me for this, but I've warmed to Jude Law. He was better than Robert Downey Jr in Sherlock Holmes, and he was great in Repo Men (which I know many hate but I genuinely like it).

And he was good in Road to Perdition. There was something very reptile like in his performance.
Crikey I can barely contain myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the interest of good Cult Labs relations I shall focus on Robert Downey Jr....who is, in my appraisal, a great actor..especially in NBK but made a tw@t of himself when confronted with British wit and scrutiny in the form of Ricky Gervais and the news dude off C4 if I cba to look his name up.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:58 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Censorship

Quote:
You going to hate me for this, but I've warmed to Jude Law. He was better than Robert Downey Jr in Sherlock Holmes, and he was great in Repo Men (which I know many hate but I genuinely like it).

And he was good in Road to Perdition. There was something very reptile like in his performance.

I'll get my coat after I post this. I like Jude Law. Hell, I even thought he was great in the remake of Alfie.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'll get my coat after I post this. I like Jude Law. Hell, I even thought he was great in the remake of Alfie.
Oh jeeeesusss.....feeling like I'm from another planet now....I saw him in some other crap where we were asked to suspend our disbelief and imagine him as an old guard London gangster....mental, mental, mental!

Second only to Jamie Oliver...and even this position is in flux while they jostle for tw@tty position.
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

When it comes to Jude Law, I thought he was really good in Gattaca, again impressive, though not as good as Matt Damon, in The Talented Mr Ripley, thought he was part of a very good ensemble cast in Enemy at the Gates, evocative in A.I. Artificial Intelligence, admirable in the two Sherlock Holmes films and really loved it when he stepped up and joined in as one of the replacements for Heath Ledger when Terry Gilliam had to completely change The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

I also didn't think he was at all out of place in The Grand Budapest Hotel, which was one of my favourite films of last year.

I didn't like Cold Mountain or Alfie, but he's not responsible for my dislike of those films.
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

In the spirit of this thread censor Jude 'king Law! ...oh yeah Sam Mendes too..so much acrimony, so little time.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
In the spirit of this thread censor Jude 'king Law! ...oh yeah Sam Mendes too..so much acrimony, so little time.

Zann likes this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 10:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:

Incredibly you've managed to capture him looking a bit like Franco Nero....not that this can ever hope to redeem him
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 11:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

I like jude law think he a decent actor, i enjoyed repo men and thought road to periditon is a absolutely underated gem. To me that is how films should be.
Its people like Ncolas cage and tom cruise i cant take and tend to avoid their films. Never seen top gun, color of money, jerry mguire i hate mission impossible films and loads of other films of his ive never seen. Tbh dont think ive seen a tom cruise film all way through Not one of his films ive thought ooh i wouldnt mind seeing that....... Hang on outsiders is the only one ive just googled his films.
Nicolas cage is similar but ive enjoyed one or two by him but not many. I just blank out fact he in them, again if a film gets advertised as soon as his name mentioned i get instantly put of. .
Old 24th October 2015, 08:23 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Its people like Ncolas cage and tom cruise i cant take and tend to avoid their films. Never seen top gun, color of money, jerry mguire i hate mission impossible films and loads of other films of his ive never seen. Tbh dont think ive seen a tom cruise film all way through Not one of his films ive thought ooh i wouldnt mind seeing that....... Hang on outsiders is the only one ive just googled his films.
Nicolas cage is similar but ive enjoyed one or two by him but not many. I just blank out fact he in them, again if a film gets advertised as soon as his name mentioned i get instantly put of. .
I'm not trying to be funny, but if you have only seen a couple of their films, why can't you stand Nicolas Cage or Tom Cruise?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 24th October 2015, 11:00 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Both Cruise and Cage have been in some fantastic films, seems a tad odd to swerve a movie because of who the star is. Surely a film should be judged on it's own merit ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!