Old 6th December 2016, 06:47 PM
Cult Master

Star Trek: looking back at the BBC's ban and censorship | Den of Geek
Demoncrat likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th March 2017, 09:50 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Amazon Prime Video has a new policy of removing films with too much sex and violence from its Prime deal. Now you have to pay to watch the films. This has seriously impacted on my sex life.
Old 19th March 2017, 03:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Amazon Prime Video has a new policy of removing films with too much sex and violence from its Prime deal. Now you have to pay to watch the films. This has seriously impacted on my sex life.
Sex what's that ?
At least you got a sex life .
I'm a born again virgin so be grateful for small mercies
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th May 2017, 07:18 AM
Cult Master

This is an interesting theory, but I wonder how it would work in practice

Baby Club screenings at Oxted cinema could be allowed to show age restricted films | Surrey Mirror

"A Surrey council has introduced a policy to allow parents with babies to attend 15 and 18 rated films at cinemas in the district.

Although BBFC 15 and 18 certificates specify that nobody under that age can attend cinema screenings, councils are the ultimate authority for specifying rules and licensing conditions for cinemas in their areas.

Parents are now being offered the chance to watch 15 and 18 rated films with their young children under Tandridge District Council rules."
bleakshaun likes this.

Old 28th May 2017, 10:12 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That must be happening already because I'm certain I've been in the cinema watching a 15 or 18 certificate film and at least one adult has had a baby with them. I was a bit bemused but, because the infant was not disruptive, didn't really care.
Old 28th May 2017, 10:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
This is an interesting theory, but I wonder how it would work in practice

Baby Club screenings at Oxted cinema could be allowed to show age restricted films | Surrey Mirror

"A Surrey council has introduced a policy to allow parents with babies to attend 15 and 18 rated films at cinemas in the district.

Although BBFC 15 and 18 certificates specify that nobody under that age can attend cinema screenings, councils are the ultimate authority for specifying rules and licensing conditions for cinemas in their areas.

Parents are now being offered the chance to watch 15 and 18 rated films with their young children under Tandridge District Council rules."
Can't see this being good for people watching the film if say 3 \ 4 babies wake up screaming their heads off.
Old 28th May 2017, 10:54 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Can't see this being good for people watching the film if say 3 \ 4 babies wake up screaming their heads off.
It depends on the cinema and what they will accept. We were at a showing years ago (I can't remember what) and there were quite a few young children running around and a baby crying. We mentioned it to the staff afterwards, saying it wouldn't be acceptable for adults, so shouldn't be from children, and were given complimentary tickets. They said the next time it happens someone should tell a member of staff and they would ask the people to leave.
Old 28th May 2017, 02:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It depends on the cinema and what they will accept. We were at a showing years ago (I can't remember what) and there were quite a few young children running around and a baby crying. We mentioned it to the staff afterwards, saying it wouldn't be acceptable for adults, so shouldn't be from children, and were given complimentary tickets. They said the next time it happens someone should tell a member of staff and they would ask the people to leave.
Grinch! I have no problems with kids being kids at the cinema. It is a long time in total with the adverts and film for them to sit through. It is their parents checking their phones that annoys me.

I used to have a friend who moved to the UK from India to work when he was an adult. Our cinema habits bemused him as back in India the cinema was seen as more of an social event rather than an artistic one with people chatting and sharing food, using phones and smoking.
Old 29th May 2017, 05:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Odeon in Dundee did things like that a few years ago but wasn't a big seller for them. If they brought it back it may be better, only depends what's on and if Cineworld to it as well for competition.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 19th July 2017, 07:02 AM
Cult Master

Deadpool is the BBFC's most complained about film of 2016 - BBC News

Also mentioned as being on the list are 'Suicide Squad', 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children', 'Jason Bourne', 'Sausage Party' and 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice'

However, it seems that none of the complaints were about how bad 'Suicide Squad' and 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' were!!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!