All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th December 2020, 03:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Wasn't Heil Honey ... actually from the 90s there Mr B??

Regardless, censoring something on tv is a moot point now, what with all your outlets for whatever form of media you digest ...
Yeah your right Demon my bad it was 90s
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th December 2020, 09:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Giving warnings is not censorship. It's just another form of classification. Stuff that is broadcast to the masses has always been subject to this, hence the 9pm watershed and such like. In a way, having the warning is a good indicator that it hasn't been censored. I suspect a lot of this stuff in the future though will only be available to be streamed so if you want to watch it you will have to seek it out. That's not really new either as film collectors often had to buy physical copies of films to avoid the infamous 'TV versions'.

I'm ok with warnings if it helps people choose. It could also have the effect of bringing in more viewers as people are often intrigued by 'forbidden fruit'. I mean how many people rushed home from the pub or set their video recorders because Channel 4 slapped a Red Triangle on some obscure foreign language film?
Old 28th December 2020, 09:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Giving warnings is not censorship. It's just another form of classification. Stuff that is broadcast to the masses has always been subject to this, hence the 9pm watershed and such like. In a way, having the warning is a good indicator that it hasn't been censored. I suspect a lot of this stuff in the future though will only be available to be streamed so if you want to watch it you will have to seek it out. That's not really new either as film collectors often had to buy physical copies of films to avoid the infamous 'TV versions'.

I'm ok with warnings if it helps people choose. It could also have the effect of bringing in more viewers as people are often intrigued by 'forbidden fruit'. I mean how many people rushed home from the pub or set their video recorders because Channel 4 slapped a Red Triangle on some obscure foreign language film?
Or when they did the banned seasons, how many would probably not give the film a 2nd glance or thought if it hadn’t stuck the word banned besides it.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 10th January 2021, 08:45 PM
Active Cultist

Looks like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom got an uncut showing yesterday on channel 4, at least if the version on All 4 is anything to go by. I dunno if 4 cut anything themselves but all of the BBFC cuts were reinstated. Is this the first ever uncut showing on terrestrial tv? It also looks like it's uncut on Sky Cinema on demand too. I once had a fight with a guy who swore blind he saw the uncut version in the cinema back in the 80's. He wouldn't accept me telling him the first ever uncut release in the UK was the blu ray and the BBFC and melonfarmers websites were lying. To be honest, he was a total bellend.
Old 10th January 2021, 09:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnashsear View Post
Looks like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom got an uncut showing yesterday on channel 4, at least if the version on All 4 is anything to go by. I dunno if 4 cut anything themselves but all of the BBFC cuts were reinstated. Is this the first ever uncut showing on terrestrial tv? It also looks like it's uncut on Sky Cinema on demand too. I once had a fight with a guy who swore blind he saw the uncut version in the cinema back in the 80's. He wouldn't accept me telling him the first ever uncut release in the UK was the blu ray and the BBFC and melonfarmers websites were lying. To be honest, he was a total bellend.
Evidence and truth has no currency in the modern world...

Last edited by Rob4; 10th January 2021 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10th January 2021, 09:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Evidence and truth has no currency in he modern world...
Too bloody true Rob.
Old 26th January 2021, 08:43 PM
Active Cultist

BBFC are at it again. But more importantly Pooch is getting a slagging over on the Facebook Severin page about this.

https://reprobatepress.com/2021/01/2...tains-censors/
Old 26th January 2021, 10:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Liked the dig about YT at the end there ...
I came across it (85 min) and thought the print wasn't the worst I had seen tbh .... duly noted!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th January 2021, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Liked the dig about YT at the end there ...
I came across it (85 min) and thought the print wasn't the worst I had seen tbh .... duly noted!
BBFC banning a movie means i dig out the Shriek Show dvd to find out what all the fuss is about??

I have 12 of these Nazisploiters and they all blend into one (Especially those made by Eurocine ).
g053584398, Demoncrat and Graeme73 like this.
Old 26th January 2021, 10:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed.

Though the one in question is more memorable than most cough .....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!