All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2008, 08:52 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Zombie Flesh Eaters , although eventually passed 'uncut' for ABUK's Box of the Banned , has yet to be released as a single film in uncut form.
There may have been a rights issue with this, as it was originally a Vipco title, which meant it could only released in the box set by Anchor Bay, I'm not too sure. If Vipco were still going I'm sure they would have issued it uncut on its own.
Old 16th June 2008, 08:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

From what I've heard elsewhere,Vipco didn't bother acquiring the rights to many of their titles.....just went ahead and released them.....
Old 16th June 2008, 11:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

VIPCO didn't release Zombie Flesh Eaters on DVD in the UK, Stonevision beat them to it.
VIPCO released the same 'Extreme' Version as Stonevision, but on VHS only in the UK .
They were mighty pissed off over the situation, stating 'Rights issues ' as the reason for the VHS only release , in an article in a UK horror mag.
Both companies versions are identical and although labelled 'Extreme' are slightly cut , but are stronger than VIPCO's previous 90's re released cinema version in their 'Cult Classics' collection .
They (vipco) did go on to release Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 and 3 on DVD and VHS with very similar artwork to the original and fully uncut , while ZFE got re released on the Dead of Night label. before appearing for the first time on DVD in a fully uncut form in ABUK's Box of the Banned.
The slightly cut 'Dead of Night' version is the only version still available in the UK at the moment .
Old 17th June 2008, 07:46 AM
Ex-member

I've got too many copies of Zombi, still it's be nice to see it uncut as a solo release under the Zombie Flesh Eaters title as it's a far better name for the movie IMO.
Old 17th June 2008, 03:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It would be nice to own this fully uncut in the UK as a single release instead of a white disc in a fold out boxset. That was the only reason I bought BOTB, as half the films in it were cut.
I also have several versions of this film, but like Noss, i'd love to own it with the original UK title and UK artwork , fully uncut as a standalone release.
I'd also love to see this one get a BluRay release as well.
Old 17th June 2008, 04:32 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Ironically the version of Last House On The Left in Box 1 is the cut version (31 secs). The cuts were fully waived in March.
Old 17th June 2008, 05:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Still no release date.
Old 17th June 2008, 05:19 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

If Box of the Banned were released today, LHOTL would be uncut as well as ZFE

Last edited by vincenzo; 18th June 2008 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted post.
Old 17th June 2008, 11:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Nightmares in a Damaged Brain, ISOYG, LHOTL are all cut in BOTB.
Driller Killer, Evil Dead and ZFE are uncut, with only ZFE appearing for the first time legally in the UK in uncut form.

I thought with The Box of the Banned being a semi representation of the "video nasty" all films would have been allowed to be the pre cert versions .

It doesn't even give you individual RT for each film. Just the overall boxset RT, so its hard to tell how much is cut from each individual film of the 3 cut films included .

Does anyone know how much was cut out off Nightmares .? I heard it was the US 'R' version that got a UK release.
Does anyone know if that is correct.?
Old 17th June 2008, 11:28 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Last House On The Left = 31 secs (according to the BBFC AB made an additional 13 secs of edits to one of their releases to smooth over some of the cuts).
I Spit On Your Grave = 7 mins 2 secs (inc substituted cuts. The print is the same as the initial 2001 release, rather than the 2003 pan/scan version).
Nightmares In A Damaged Brain = Who knows? The print submitted runs 96 mins 2 secs and is the R-rated version. How much is missing is anyone's guess. The BBFC would pass the full version without any problems now.

Like this? Share it using the links below!